S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Anyone know this s2k? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/anyone-know-s2k-1178781/)

Pabs 10-21-2017 08:53 AM

Anyone know this s2k?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710029880098?atmobcid=soc3

Anyone on here know this s2k?
Tempted to go and see it but it’s not really that local, about 1.5hrs from me. Seems in good nick, ultra low mileage and has several MOT gaps in history and looks to have moved around the south a bit. 5 services in 14 years is very low, but the servicing probably reflects the mileage?

Thoughts? Thanks all
Paul

Little Bob 10-21-2017 10:44 AM

I don't know the car but it has been for sale for a while, the advisory about underbody corrosion raised some concern.

Maybe the MOT gaps are due to it having a different plate?

On the face of it, it seems good value but the corrosion would need to be checked out thoroughly, and you would need to be happy with the servicing that has been done.

At the risk of being flamed dark blue pearl is not one of the more sought after colours.

unclefester 10-21-2017 11:33 AM

Eyup MrH :-) About time you got into these ;)

unclefester 10-21-2017 11:36 AM

MOT history

Date tested19 May 2017

PASS

Mileage32,955 miles

MOT test number2940 0287 4138

Test locationONSLOW MOTORS LIMITED
100 GREEN LANE
WORCESTER PARK
KT4 8AS

Expiry date19 May 2018

Advisory notice item(s)
  • Nearside front wheel tight to turn. Advise further investigation to be carried out
What are advisories?

Date tested20 May 2016

PASS

Mileage32,422 miles

MOT test number9280 1070 7505

Test locationTHE OWNERS CLUB UK LIMITED
UNIT 15 RIVERSIDE BUSINESS PARK
LYON ROAD
LONDON
SW19 2RL

Expiry date19 May 2017

Date tested25 February 2014

PASS

Mileage32,415 miles

MOT test number8959 2615 4096

Test locationT/A CENTRAL AUTOS
118 CENTRAL ROAD
MORDEN
SM4 5RL

Expiry date24 February 2015

Advisory notice item(s)
  • Front Brake pad(s) wearing thin (3.5.1g)
  • Rear Brake pad(s) wearing thin (3.5.1g)
  • Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
  • Rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
  • corrosion (slight) under vehicle
What are advisories?

Date tested12 November 2009

PASS

Mileage32,404 miles

MOT test number2128 3611 9368

Test locationELITE AUTO CENTRE
127 NORTHCOTE ROAD
CROYDON
CR0 2HZ

Expiry date11 November 2010

Date tested30 December 2006

PASS

Mileage26,447 miles

MOT test number4737 5456 6407

Test locationFORMULA ONE AUTOCENTRES LTD
HEDGE END TRADE PARK
TOLL BAR WAY
SOUTHAMPTON
SO30 2UH

Where was it for almost 6 years / 11 miles .... I'd want to know that I think. I wonder illness followed by funeral. However insensitive, i'd stil want to know.

That said, if it's a genuine 33k engine and the rest of the car is straight / rust free ..... even if the bushes are seized rotten, you can mechanic the miles off everything but the engine.

Pabs 10-21-2017 12:38 PM

Hey mate, long time no speak :)

yeah I had questions regarding the history of the car, but with low mileage etc figured it’d be in pretty good shape unless left outside to rot -and then it’d be quite obvious I suppose.

Just trying to to find a decent facelift semi-local to me with low mileage and good condition I suppose, I have a sensible budget, but not a bottomless pocket so weighing up each against the other.
Perhaps it’s a waiting game, waiting for the weather to step in and push people to sell up. Who knows.

And need to drive one too!! That’d help make my mind up.. lol.

arsie 10-22-2017 01:23 AM

With the advert saying 4 owners and almost all of the miles in the early years I would hazard a guess it was originally new in the Southampton area then owned by someone doing very few miles living (and possibly deceased) in SE London then bought by the current owner also living thereabouts (Morden, SW19, Croydon and Worcester Park are the other MOT locations). The gaps in MOTs are just that. The gov web site includes MOTs under a different plate. Mine does. MOTs are recorded by VIN and this is on MOT certificates along with the reg no. at the time.

It would help to see the service stamps and the V5c. I would ask the current owner about the history as far as he/she knows. They may be able to cast some light i.e. who did they buy from? And they should be willing to scan and email the service book page(s) and the V5c previous owner information. Has the car been/is it now garaged? Has he/she got any of the old MOT certificates? Ask also about the MOT advisories including corrosion. Ask about the gaps. Has the car been undersealed? Disks worn thin could have corroded if stored a long time in a damp garage but he has replaced them and the pads.

Pics on autotrader show a hard top and I would confirm this is included as the ad only says 'roadster' with 'electric softtop'.

If you go to inspect try and get it up on a ramp to inspect the corrosion aforementioned.

On the face of it if genuine not bad value I would say.

edit: low mileage cars have to have some reason for that. Mine was owned for the first five years by farmers in Cornwall who did 7k miles and passed on no service history, then owned by an S2ki member who did 14k miles in the next five years. The service history was sparse but the vehicle condition, owner's receipts and his skills/knowledge attested to a well cared for example, borne out by the gov web site MOT history.

Santenay 10-22-2017 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by unclefester (Post 24372141)
MOT history

Date tested19 May 2017

PASS

Mileage32,955 miles

MOT test number2940 0287 4138

Test locationONSLOW MOTORS LIMITED
100 GREEN LANE
WORCESTER PARK
KT4 8AS

Expiry date19 May 2018

Advisory notice item(s)
  • Nearside front wheel tight to turn. Advise further investigation to be carried out
What are advisories?

Date tested20 May 2016

PASS

Mileage32,422 miles

MOT test number9280 1070 7505

Test locationTHE OWNERS CLUB UK LIMITED
UNIT 15 RIVERSIDE BUSINESS PARK
LYON ROAD
LONDON
SW19 2RL

Expiry date19 May 2017

Date tested25 February 2014

PASS

Mileage32,415 miles

MOT test number8959 2615 4096

Test locationT/A CENTRAL AUTOS
118 CENTRAL ROAD
MORDEN
SM4 5RL

Expiry date24 February 2015

Advisory notice item(s)
  • Front Brake pad(s) wearing thin (3.5.1g)
  • Rear Brake pad(s) wearing thin (3.5.1g)
  • Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
  • Rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
  • corrosion (slight) under vehicle
What are advisories?

Date tested12 November 2009

PASS

Mileage32,404 miles

MOT test number2128 3611 9368

Test locationELITE AUTO CENTRE
127 NORTHCOTE ROAD
CROYDON
CR0 2HZ

Expiry date11 November 2010

Date tested30 December 2006

PASS

Mileage26,447 miles

MOT test number4737 5456 6407

Test locationFORMULA ONE AUTOCENTRES LTD
HEDGE END TRADE PARK
TOLL BAR WAY
SOUTHAMPTON
SO30 2UH

Where was it for almost 6 years / 11 miles .... I'd want to know that I think. I wonder illness followed by funeral. However insensitive, i'd stil want to know.

That said, if it's a genuine 33k engine and the rest of the car is straight / rust free ..... even if the bushes are seized rotten, you can mechanic the miles off everything but the engine.

The mileage between Mots raises questions, Why go to the expense of a MOT and I assume tax and insurance and not drive it?
The advisories also make suspicious. For example mine is a my06 with 48k and I am still on the original pads at the rear, the front ones were changed as I noticed that one of the pads hadn't worn absolutely square when I had the calipers removed to send them away to have them refurbished and fit braided hoses. The disc are also perfect. So why has it had brake issues with less mile than mine. Only advisory for mine was for a windscreen wiper.
If the geo bolts are siezed then more expense. Hopefully everything will be fine, I had mine greased at around 40k and I was expecting the worst but fortunately they were all free, I assume this is because the car has never used in the winter so no salt on it.
I hope that it is just my suspicious mind and everything is fine.

Pabs 10-22-2017 03:10 AM

Thanks guys.

Not a massive fan of the colour myself, much prefer moonstone or possibly a black one (although not a fan of the completely red interior available), but this seemed to look good at least in the advert. As mentioned history would need explaining if i do decide to go and look at it.

unclefester 10-22-2017 04:11 AM

If you can find one, there is a dark chocolate metallic / deep burgrundy that looks the dogs danglies ... but is as rare as hens teeth. Sadly, it's also in the higher tax band as an 06 car. The last person ( and the only person I know ) i saw with one was SinChase ..... not sure if he's still around.

PaulF 10-22-2017 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Santenay (Post 24372339)
The mileage between Mots raises questions, Why go to the expense of a MOT and I assume tax and insurance and not drive it?
The advisories also make suspicious. For example mine is a my06 with 48k and I am still on the original pads at the rear, the front ones were changed as I noticed that one of the pads hadn't worn absolutely square when I had the calipers removed to send them away to have them refurbished and fit braided hoses. The disc are also perfect. So why has it had brake issues with less mile than mine. Only advisory for mine was for a windscreen wiper.
If the geo bolts are siezed then more expense. Hopefully everything will be fine, I had mine greased at around 40k and I was expecting the worst but fortunately they were all free, I assume this is because the car has never used in the winter so no salt on it.
I hope that it is just my suspicious mind and everything is fine.

I've got a bike that’s done less than 5k in 20 years. It’s a pampered if unused toy that I won’t get rid of unless I replace it with another pampered garage queen. I would probably be weary but it’s got to be worth at least asking the question.

My second S was in that colour and whilst it’s all subjective I think it looks the nuts when it’s been polished and in my humble, it’s one of the best, if not the best colour when it’s been machine polished.