UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Anyone know this s2k?

Old 10-22-2017, 08:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulF
I've got a bike that’s done less than 5k in 20 years. It’s a pampered if unused toy that I won’t get rid of unless I replace it with another pampered garage queen. I would probably be weary but it’s got to be worth at least asking the question.

My second S was in that colour and whilst it’s all subjective I think it looks the nuts when it’s been polished and in my humble, it’s one of the best, if not the best colour when it’s been machine polished.
I used to have 4 motorcycles in the garage all loved and pampered but I wouldn't mot them if I didn't intend to use them. Parts don't tend to wear unless they are being used, it's very possible that I have misunderstood the situation and everything is fine just be careful.
The bikes had to go due to ill health but they did help to fund my first S2000, unfortunately I have come full circle health wise and reluctantly the S2000 is going to have to go.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:40 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Unitrac tyres

One way to tell if it has been maintained with no expense spared
Old 10-22-2017, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi
Unitrac tyres

sarcasm I presume - not familiar with the brand myself so would say they must be ditchfinders!
Old 10-22-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

You presume right Pabs and to me he is trying to make a point which I would question.

The fact that the who ever fitted budget tyres didn't realise how sensitive the S2000 community - if not the S2000 - is to cheapskate rubber doesn't necessarily make the vehicle itself a fake or a lemon. No/little history wouldn't make me assume the worst, it would just make me be careful and do the 'due diligence'. There are no perfect S2000s out there waiting for the right money to come along. As for the gaps in MOTs, as Unclefester says why would a sick/dying/bedridden man MOT a car he can't drive? Enquire!

Question the current owner. Ask to see the service history and ownership history before you go inspect.

The hardtop/fitting kit can be sold on for ~£1k if you don't need.
The following users liked this post:
Santenay (10-22-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=arsie;24372460]Y
There are no perfect S2000s out there waiting for the right money to come along.
I strongly disagree with this statement. Mine is a one owner maintained at no expense spared but people seemed to be more bothered in the colour or because it has a Mugen exhaust manifold it's not standard rather than how the car has been maintained.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi
Unitrac tyres

Not necessarily.... a lot of dealers put budget or mid range tyres on when they sell...ending up in ditches is more a case of people that can't drive.

My car was very well maintained when I bought it and it had brand new mid range tyres fitted on the front by the dealer, they drove well after testing so that's where they've stayed..2 and half years later there still there and driven very hard most of the time.

This guys not a dealer I know but he may have put cheaper rubber on because he's selling.

Last edited by sZooo5; 10-23-2017 at 08:59 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-22-2017, 02:07 PM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

[QUOTE=Santenay;24372469]
Originally Posted by arsie
Y
There are no perfect S2000s out there waiting for the right money to come along.
I strongly disagree with this statement. Mine is a one owner maintained at no expense spared but people seemed to be more bothered in the colour or because it has a Mugen exhaust manifold it's not standard rather than how the car has been maintained.
Sorry didn't mean that personally Santenay but from the buyer's perspective I am right.

OTOH, your S2000 and mine are more perfect than perfect
Old 10-22-2017, 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=arsie;24372512]
Originally Posted by Santenay
Sorry didn't mean that personally Santenay but from the buyer's perspective I am right.

OTOH, your S2000 and mine are more perfect than perfect
No apologies required, I know what has been done to the car. Serviced every 12 months if it had done 2000 miles or 5000 miles plus lots of money spent on it to improve it and keep it top condition
Old 10-22-2017, 11:12 PM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

tbh, an hour an a half is "local" when it comes to finding an S2000, I found mine near Woking so involved about the same journey up the A3 as Epsom. And there really is only one way to get to the bottom of this, and that is go and see it - there's only so much guesswork you can do from the MOT history and the scant description

Oh, and I wasn't looking for Pensioner Blue either ( I was also looking for Moonrock ), but as said above it really does look good after a wash and polish - especially in low light towards the end of the day.
The following users liked this post:
Pabs (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 12:07 AM

Great points from Ben.

Getting any S2000 will involve a bit of travel - its best to accept this early on and be prepared to turn up, have a look and walk away.

RNBP I would agree not my first colour choice.... And then you see one that is gleaming in the sun and it looks fantastic.

Here is a thread to give you a flavour:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/official...6/#post5875147

Quick Reply: Anyone know this s2k?