UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Anyone thinking of a Hardtop??? Other MODS

Old 11-07-2001, 06:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well... looking at Pete's at The Cotswold's Meet, I noticed that he had two round slotted holes that the spigots(?) which locate the softop near the seat belt retractors, fit into. Mine didn't seem to have the receiving slots fitted although there seems to be a space for them so I guess I'd need the extra fitting kit.
Old 11-07-2001, 06:52 AM

Also... note my Vin No.
Old 11-07-2001, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
Well... looking at Pete's at The Cotswold's Meet, I noticed that he had two round slotted holes that the spigots(?) which locate the softop near the seat belt retractors, fit into. Mine didn't seem to have the receiving slots fitted although there seems to be a space for them so I guess I'd need the extra fitting kit.
The slotted holes are the catcher plates you need to mount as part of the kit, you also get two new brush assemblies that expose the area these mount in. The dead cert DIY way of checking if your car needs the extra kit is this:

Put down the roof, behind the passenger seat on top of the plastic trim panel that fits "between" the roll hoop and the side of the car there should be a little round plastic insert that fits flush with the panel. If it isn't there then you need the extra kit (the piece pops out and the socket for the demister power lead comes through it)

European and US VIN's are not sequential I believe so you may still be OK!
Old 11-07-2001, 07:07 AM

Tif!! You are a veritable mine of information!.. I'll check that out, but I'm gonna be tied up this evening. I've just spent the best part of a set of tyres on an expansion board of orchestral sounds for my Korg keyboard, so after I've fitted the board, (2 of 'em actually).... guess what I'll be playing with.

Do we ever grow up or do the toys just get more expensive?

LOL. Can't wait.

Old 11-07-2001, 07:10 AM
gus

I managed to get a free hard top.

I wrote a number of letters to Honda head office complaining that they dropped the price of the S2K and they would lose a valued customer ...

Eventually after about 3 months I got offered
Old 11-07-2001, 07:17 AM

Gus:

Fantastic. I paid
Old 11-07-2001, 09:50 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gus
[B]I managed to get a free hard top.

I wrote a number of letters to Honda head office complaining that they dropped the price of the S2K and they would lose a valued
Old 11-08-2001, 01:56 AM

Originally posted by Roz
Finally managed to find an S2000 club!!

Roz
Welcome to the club Roz.

I see you're in Camberley. My sister lives in Frimley and I expect to be down there some time over Xmas. I'll keep an eye open 4 u

Pete
Old 11-08-2001, 02:24 AM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
Also.. check with PWE 896. He's got a mate Shrewsbury area I think who will give a good discount on hard tops to anyone who is a member of this board.
Just had a word with my contact. For Forum Members he says he'll do a take-out hardtop for
Old 11-08-2001, 02:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good price!!! (esp for older cars). Any chance of a group buy discount, or is that just taking the p!ss?

Quick Reply: Anyone thinking of a Hardtop??? Other MODS