UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

apex lowering springs

Old 05-15-2015, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did your springs ever settle, I have ust fitted a set on mine and the rear i can hardly get my finger in the arch and the front has about a 3 finger gap. I have driven a few 100 miles and it hasn't dropped.

people say to swop them over but surly if the rear is already super low then when those springs go on the front it would go even lower?

any help would be great guys and girls?
Old 05-15-2015, 01:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Eibach Pro Kit springs fitted on my Jan 2008 car. I can get 1.5 fingers in the front and two in the rear. Oddly the driver's side is slightly lower than the passenger side. When I saw Mikey K's car with the same kit fitted his rear was so low I could't get one finger in. Not sure why there was such a difference between our cars.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:28 PM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by woollie
I can get 1.5 fingers in the front and two in the rear.
I am not going there...
Old 05-15-2015, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by chrispayze
Originally Posted by woollie
I can get 1.5 fingers in the front and two in the rear.
I am not going there...
Old 05-18-2015, 02:42 AM

Ah yes, I suppose that does sound slight perverse
Old 05-18-2015, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by dinochips
did your springs ever settle, I have ust fitted a set on mine and the rear i can hardly get my finger in the arch and the front has about a 3 finger gap. I have driven a few 100 miles and it hasn't dropped.

people say to swop them over but surly if the rear is already super low then when those springs go on the front it would go even lower?

I've just been Eibacked and having discussed the settling in period with Tom (TGM), his opinion is, yes, they will settle over time, but that the geo would not be affected due to the way an S2000 suspension works.

ps any time that you can say 'i can hardly get my finger in the arch and the front has about a 3 finger gap' in a question on this forum and get away with it, then you get my vote!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:07 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K-Phil
Originally Posted by dinochips' timestamp='1431722120' post='23614388

I've just been Eibacked and having discussed the settling in period with Tom (TGM), his opinion is, yes, they will settle over time, but that the geo would not be affected due to the way an S2000 suspension works.

ps any time that you can say 'i can hardly get my finger in the arch and the front has about a 3 finger gap' in a question on this forum and get away with it, then you get my vote!
Well that can't be right. Of course the GEO will change as the suspension settles. The ride height will lower as the springs settle in place, resulting in the geo changing. It might be small but will affect it. Otherwise, you wouldn't need to redo the GEO at all post lowering.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:20 AM

I had my geo checked at WIM after 600 miles on the Eibachs. Two small changes needed but basically it hadn't changed significantly.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:38 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That's what I would of expected. I have been informed that the prefacelift is more susceptible to movement. The changes in the subframe mounting reduces it on the facelift.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:43 AM

Mtunreal, I can't argue with you any more than I could with Tom. It's just that Tom has a huge amount of experience and I personally trust his knowledge of working on these cars for years. He did spent 5 minutes explaining why the S2000 setup isn't affected by the ride height changing as the springs settle - wish I could remember his exact words. I asked if he should check it when he services it next (5 months time). He said I would be wasting my money unless I hit a pothole or similar.

Quick Reply: apex lowering springs