S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Aus Fibreglass Air Intake Extension from Muz (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/aus-fibreglass-air-intake-extension-muz-227761/)

Xd 08-11-2004 11:00 AM

Aus Fibreglass Air Intake Extension from Muz

Anybody got experince on installing these successfully.

Okay installed the unit a per the Muz instructions, can't clip the Air filter cover, well all but 1 clip, last on the right has a 3mm gap so it wont seat properly. The Air Box end of the Duct seems too tall for it to fit. And the bonnet won't close, do I need to adjust anything. Taken the unit out and gone back to the Honda stuff until I can find a solution.

AquilaEagle 08-11-2004 11:06 AM

Have you spoken to Muz?

Chris Type R 08-11-2004 11:10 AM

Perhaps you're pushing the CAI too far into the airbox ? Not too much of it goes into the airbox. You can adjust the bonnet catch quite easily - IIRC 3 bolts on the catch. There are horizontal alignment lines on the catch - 1-2mm should be enough.

Paper Lawyer 08-11-2004 11:14 AM

:iagree: with Hoggy - I had to adjust my bonnet catch too. Some times a good wiggle is needed to sit it properly if you have taken off the airbox cover and moved the CAI.

Xd 08-11-2004 01:30 PM

Ian, you remind me of a helpdesk :LOL:

Chris I thought it might be possible to adjust the bonnet, I will find out how. The CAI is not sitting too far in it just seem too deep. Is there a difference with the MY. I'm not gonna shoot down Muz, quite yet, just waiting on a response. ;)

Craig, who's Hoggy????

Lurking Lawyer 08-11-2004 01:34 PM

Hoggy is Chris Type R, Lee. Way back in the board's history, he went through a phase of nabbing every corner in sight. I therefore dubbed him Christopher Corner Hog, usually abbreviated to Hoggy, and it seemed to stick......

I had the same problem with mine when I fitted it. Adjusting the bonnet as per Hoggy's suggestion did the job for me too.

euan 08-11-2004 01:44 PM

Is this a new Muz CAI?

I had one of the last batch of AUS CAIs (the tooling/rights for which were sold to Muz IIRC). We got a batch of 5, and they don't fit unless you loosen the bonnet catch so much it stands well proud of the other panels.

Mark (stanza) sent his back to AUS a while ago for evaluation, but three was some shipping problem, and I don't know what the latest is :(

ade73 08-11-2004 02:08 PM

When did you order yours? i was part of the last group buy and after more than 3 months im still waiting for it to arrive.
After numerous emails from muz saying id have it within 10 days.
:thumbdn:

supers2k 08-12-2004 12:26 AM

Have you guys made sure the bottom of your duct is secured in the right place in the grille as this will cause fitment problems ?

billy_i_vtec 08-12-2004 01:55 AM

so those who adjusted their bonnet latch - did you adjust it slightly upwards?