UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ayanami - Build Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 10:16 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Mr-T Build Thread

Ok, so iv been meaning to do this for a while. Playing a bit catch up on the build thread but here is the progress so far.

Iv always loved my Honda's and started with a MB6 VTi-S which I still have and enjoy blasting around the A and B roads with. Always wanting a S2000, I finally found one in August after 2 months of searching.

I bought a MY05 Moonrock GT with very low millage FHSH and completely standard.

The car still had the original front tyres in came out the factory with. Needless to say they were rock hard and offered very little grip. Wanting to get new tyres, I also decided to get some Rota Grid Drifts ordered from the US (Thanks to LSD Motorsport) to achieve a usable offset and size.
17"x9 ET42 all round in Sports bronze wrapped in some Ventus V12's 245's on rear and 225's on front.

Next mod had to be exhaust. Wanted something that sounded a bit better over stock so I opted for the "too loud for some" Skunk2. Loving it more and more every day! (Never ran with the bungs in). Thanks to H-Tune for good price and quick delivery!

Didnt take long for the next mod to follow with upgraded headunit to Alpine CDE-178BT and a Skunk2 weighted gear knob.

Ran the car for about a month before I decide she had to come down a bit so a quick call to Meister and had some coilies delivered.

Suspension took some tweeking to avoid rubbing on front and rear, but eventually got the ride height just right not to rub. Had the full geometry done to make sure she ran straight and true!

Next on the shopping list was some genuine Honda Red H badges for the front and rear.

Some reading around on the forum, I decide to fit some anti-bump steer components and again thanks to LSD motorsport, I sourced some Megan Racing bits from ther states. These promptly went on and had no problem fitting at all.

After a VERY sketchy 70mile drive, the geo was corrected and I dialed in an extra 0.5Deg camber front and rear. (All other settings are as per OEM)

Most recent addition was a new reg with small front plate and some shiney calliper paint to match the wheel nuts.

More bits from H-Tune...Private Label MFG De-cat with Blox Cell fix. Several hundered miles covered and no light on dash....good times!

I now plan to save for a bit and then look at CAI (AEM V2) and some Alpine Type R component speakers.

Last edited by Mr-T; 03-14-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking real nice!

May I ask where you got the Calliper paint from?

Mike
Old 01-29-2014, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice start, looking forward to see this Sunday (Y)
Old 01-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Le8

Very nice mate. IMO the bronze wheel's only suite the car with HT on.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:18 PM
Le8

Oh and fill them front plate holes.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:31 PM

I really like the wheels!
Also the caliper/nuts combo looks good.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:47 PM

Nice car - shame about the Halfords drive through.

Sorry but those 'extras' don't so it for me.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:30 PM

Received 349 Likes on 325 Posts

got red H on mine too,not sure about the caliper paint tbh.
You used to be on civic5
<<
Old 01-29-2014, 02:32 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Have to say the picture does not give the best impression of the calliper paint. Flash makes it look brighter than it is.
Paint is from our good friends on fleabay. Decided on the purple just because didn't want to go same as most with red or black. Not everyone's taste, but I like it for just being something different.
Future plan is to get wheels refurbed in candy apple red.
Was going to change manifold, but after a few hours of research, seemed most aftermarket manifold did little to no improvement.
Long term plan is SC!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:43 PM

Received 349 Likes on 325 Posts

Any plans for dyno with the xhaust mods

Quick Reply: Ayanami - Build Thread