UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Back in an S!

Old 08-16-2017, 03:38 AM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Car has been faultless for the last 1,000 miles, used very little oil and is generally very good! The process of returning her to standard continues, exhaust is sold, splitters are sold, now all is left is the AEM CAI, which I will attempt at the weekend.
On another note, the poor car seems to be a magnet for knobber drivers - one massive blue rub on the nose, which came out easy enough, but it's the c*** who scrapped down the NSR alloy and bumper which got me....unbelieveable! The car is in need of some paint TLC but I was hoping it wouldn't get any worse!
Old 09-17-2017, 08:34 AM

And it gets better. Someone hit the car last night, doesn't look to be too much damage, but on the rear quarter! Am in spain too at the moment, my neighbour got the details and the bloke was apologetic to the wife this eve...doesn't want to go through insurance...lets see how much it will cost!
thoughts?!

Old 10-20-2017, 03:13 AM

Update!
all going through the insurance so just a waiting game.

on a plus note, Mot passed with no advisories!!!! Well chuffed!

Old 10-20-2017, 10:06 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad MOT passed ok. Good to see you last night.

Just as well that I decided to meet up!! could have been very lonely otherwise!!
Old 11-13-2017, 01:28 AM

At the same time as the MOT, I decided to swap out the oxygen sensors based on a thread from MB, pretty much calling them a service item (60k) or something. I bought the proper Denso sensors, both primary and secondary from RokAuto., took about 10 days to arrive and holy sheet, I might have solved my erratic idle finally!!!

Took it for a blast last night and smooth running, apart from having to use one of these
AMAZING AMAZING
gadgets!
Old 02-15-2018, 12:33 PM

The car is back from the body shop. I am not happy with the quality of the repair, seeing the body shop on Saturday to fo through my concerns.

Been doing some winter jobs, the interior was due a refresh, so a RobinA3 wheel was ordered along with arm rest and gear gaiter.

Replacement red leather seats were found to replace the slightly tired ones.

Heated seat kit installed too!
just need a good old clean now!

Tweeter pods from MY06 sourced and will be installed this weekend. New phone mount and we can call it a day!

Sunday will be spent under the car with TangoVtec sorting out the driveshaft rumble and investigating the metallic noise from the rear.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:07 AM

With very little time to spend on the car - even little jobs can take weeks months. Everything is finally fitted back in - heated seats ready for the winter. The driveshaft rumble is sorted, but there are still lots of jobs still to do! this is more for my benefit than anything else - a todo list if you will!
  • Replace pulley bearing
  • Shim the tabs on the rear bumper to repair broken tabs
  • New rear bumper spacers to be fitted
  • Fit new rear fog light bracket hardware
  • Front numberplate removal
  • New MTEC slotted black coated front discs and pads to fit (TBC DS2500 or Yellow Stuff)
  • Accord type r calipers to fit
  • HEL brake lines
  • Brake ducting to front and rear
  • MY06 tweeter pods to go into the doors
By the time I have this done, maybe, it will be time for the MOT and annual service- wish me luck!
Old 05-16-2018, 06:05 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice job. Just read your whole thread and really appreciate your documentation and photos, especially photos. Gives me the bug to get on and do some maintenance on mine!
How come you said you were reverting it back to standard?
Old 05-16-2018, 11:32 PM

It's an ongoing battle of indecision - standard vs tweaked like my old car.
It gets used very little so justifying the cost on the mods I want to do vs the time I get to appreciate them, there is some man-maths I can't quite equal out!
But cleaning it up and improving - I can handle that! It's just very slowwwwwwwwwww!
Old 07-16-2018, 12:57 PM

Car has been amazing, hasn't missed a beat! Had a cheeky session at Brands Hatch last Wednesday, when England were about to play Belgium! 10 cars on track - awesome!
Car did well, brakes were ok, tyres started getting a little soft, given the hight temps. Have some browning on the tyres, so either need to get a set of track day tyres or upgrade to 17".
Radiator might need looking at - saw 5 out of 7 bars on the water temp - so either I am missing a few bars - or I was just having a good time!

No jobs done to date - the list is growing and need to get some stuff sorted for the MOT in Oct. They way I am going with my house build, the S is currently 2nd fiddle..

Quick Reply: Back in an S!