UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hub Nuts + Should I Change My Username?

Old 12-03-2017, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Hub Nuts + Should I Change My Username?

First mini-meet with my daughter Sazzy in her Bermuda Blue since buying the yellow a few weeks ago.
Sazzy still has her modified Silverstone for the track and I still have my trusty stock but lived-in MCB for off-road. The MCB continues to run well at 137,000 miles and is as quick and responsive as it ever was. I love the yellow, it feels very tight but it doesn't feel quite as quick as my MCB. Maybe this is because I'm still getting used to it or could it be the UK exhaust mod slightly sapping the power?

In a traffic jam last evening I noticed a clicking from the rear. I remember when my MCB had done around the same mileage as my yellow (46,000) that AE diagnosed this as, I think, that the hub nuts needed re-torqueing. What is the current thinking on the correct settings for this?

The eagle-eyed amongst you might have noticed, as I did when I was buying the car, that the rear bumper looks a slightly different colour to the rest? The difference between plastic and metal said the seller. I wasn't convinced but he was a nice, mechanically sympathetic, person to do business with and I wanted the car. Sazzy and I had such fun re-creating the Life Of Brian haggle sketch.

I bought my 2002 MCB in 2006 when it had done 12,000 miles. Once bitten forever smitten.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:20 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

Great pic as always . I’m glad lots of people buy more than 1, it makes me feel almost normal.

almost.

220lb/ft will do it

there’s a write up here but 220 will do it

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-un...sb-diy-929843/
Old 12-03-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Paint will look different sprayed onto plastic and metal, it's a well known fact, even on new cars they don't always get it spot on.

Edit- "How many shekels do you want for that gourd?"
Old 12-05-2017, 04:33 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

So is that a facelift bumper on the MCB? Both cars look great! If only I had a double garage, I’d have another one for sure!
Old 12-05-2017, 06:28 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by CynicG
So is that a facelift bumper on the MCB? Both cars look great! If only I had a double garage, I’d have another one for sure!
It's a 2006 (I think) Bermuda Blue, so it's a facelift car with a facelift lip.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
It's a 2006 (I think) Bermuda Blue, so it's a facelift car with a facelift lip.
It is, the MCB being written about is not in the pic
Old 12-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Administrator

MQ you should definitely torque your hub nuts, that will be the clicking

But get a professional to do it
Old 12-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Administrator

And why would you want to change your username?
Old 12-05-2017, 10:34 AM

Pleased that you like my pic Nottm S2. Hope you are still enjoying driving an S. It is the ultimate luxury to own two S2000s. I'd never heard the term 'beater' until I signed up for S2Ki in 2006. I've never had a beater, I've always used my car of choice as a daily driver, however difficult it was for family and business. Consequently my much-loved MCB is looking a bit beaten-about. I started to worry that it might die, even though it runs and pulls beautifully. Sazzy is going to get me a, "My other car is an S2000" sticker like she has. Great to be able to enjoy the drive into town in my MCB and not worry too much about parking it in the Christmas mayhem.

Thank you for the hub-nuts link. A local garage guy has been looking after our Ss, do think he's capable of torqueing? He's very keen and has bought an S2000 model for his reception area.

Thanks for your input richmc. My car is Generation Z Yellow, don't mind if it's a bit ombre.

"Lovegroova's right, of course" CynicG. Sazzy's car is an '06 Bermuda Blue. In my pic the colour looks very similar to Monte Carlo Blue. However, give it a bit of sunshine and it looks completely different. Saz and I were very taken with it when Charlotte turned up to one of lovegroova's Ricky Runs in it in July 2013. (LG was very taken with Charlotte.)

When Sazzy heard that it was sale she had to have it. Charlotte has recently married and we wish her every happiness.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:37 AM

Hello AE. Should I call myself Mistress Slowly now? What effect, if any, does the UK mod have on power output?

Quick Reply: Hub Nuts + Should I Change My Username?