S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Beemers are they all arrogant....? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/beemers-they-all-arrogant-111030/)

K666Don 03-17-2003 10:37 AM

Beemers are they all arrogant....?

Apparantly not!
Driving from Malborough to Pewsey on Sunday one pulled over to let me past when it became obvious I wanted to enjoy the road whilst he bimbled along:eek3: .

I nearly died of bloody shock but remembered to :hello: out of the open top as went passed. He waved back:yikes:

OK c'mon confess which one of you has a beemer as a second car?

Great weekend.

Don

mafford 03-17-2003 10:50 AM

I have but only because I havent sold it yet - drove it the other day for the first time since picking my S up and I am in no rush to go back!

cheshire_carper 03-17-2003 11:02 AM

which beemer is it Maff?

mafford 03-17-2003 03:41 PM

E36 328i chipped up and made to look like an M3 GT - really looks the part but just doesnt compare with the S, I used to think the BMW was sporty but when I drove it the other day I couldnt believe how tame it felt compared to the S and the throw on the gear change feels like a van in comparison. I think we are all very lucky to get to drive such a great car especially on days like today. The more I drive it the more I love it. I just wish I could stop spending money on it !!!

W6DAN 03-17-2003 04:39 PM

I got a wave from a TT driver for the first time EVER today (no wait - yesterday. Its 01:40 already !!)

SilverShark 03-17-2003 09:45 PM

You've probably all seen this before but its a classic !!!:D
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The BMW Bit!

The other day I was cruising along as usual in my BMW coming onto one of MY motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars. First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!(The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.) Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane. (Why do underlings use this lane? Surely everyone knows it is for BMW drivers only?).
Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph! Naturally, I got to within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way. Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me! He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.
Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast! Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my driver's licence to a Police Station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're

cheshire_carper 03-17-2003 11:00 PM

Originally posted by mafford
E36 328i chipped up and made to look like an M3 GT - really looks the part but just doesnt compare with the S, I used to think the BMW was sporty but when I drove it the other day I couldnt believe how tame it felt compared to the S and the throw on the gear change feels like a van in comparison. I think we are all very lucky to get to drive such a great car especially on days like today. The more I drive it the more I love it. I just wish I could stop spending money on it !!!
Whats the spec on it re: mileage and year of reg and what are you after for it?

MarkB 03-18-2003 12:13 AM

Originally posted by K666Don
Driving from Malborough to Pewsey on Sunday.....
See, the clue is in the location Don, we're all nice and friendly round Marlborough!

(...or they're all so used to staying out of my way for their own safety they pull over for all S2000s now...)

AquilaEagle 03-18-2003 08:40 AM

nah MarkB - they are all old coffin dogers round Marlborough out for a country drive :LOL:

mafford 03-18-2003 09:48 AM

Originally posted by cheshire_carper

Whats the spec on it re: mileage and year of reg and what are you after for it?

Its a 95 N with an irish plate on it 93k - 35k on this engine, just spent a grand on it brand new Eagle F1's M3 discs + Pads, service etc then test drove the S and one remortgage later here I am. I am going to put it up for 7.5K. I do have someone interested at the moment but he needs to sell his 318i first. Its a nice motor but I am not looking back