UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

best waxes available in uk/ireland

Old 10-01-2001, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vote goes to Zymol. I used to use Autoglym until 1999 when I discovered Zymol.

Have a look on www.zymol.co.uk.

I have just given my car its winter treatment and I popped down to my dealer on Saturday when a couple where collecting their new S2000 (well approaved used number) and they could not believe that my 18 month older car looked so much better!

I would recommend you buy a starter kit, of pre-treatment HD Clense (this is the key stage to Zymoling a vehicle, miss this step and the wax will not bond), a wax (I recommend Titanium kit for the UK as our roads get very salty), towels, application pads and then go for Vinyl or Treat, for interior plastics and the leather respectively.

I also use the NXS Glaze on my car, applying the Titanium first then adding the NSX Glaze as it is not as robust a wax as Titanium but contains more caruba to aid the shine.

Also always always wash the car with Clear and dry with a synthetic chamy, or your hard work is scrubbed off!

The only non-Zymol products I own are Autoglym's roof cleaning kit and Porsche Technique rear screen cleaner.

All my cars look absolutely superb, especially my Carrera 4 in dark Ocean Blue with Boxster Red leather, absolutely stunning.

By the way if you think the on-line prices are a bit dear, find Zymol at any decent auto get together, they sponsor all our Porsche Owners Club concours events for example, and they will discount for cash.

There is something wonderfully tactile in applying wax to your car with your hand and skin doesn't scratch paint.

Happy Polishing,

James Cousins
Old 10-01-2001, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by romario
My vote goes to Zymol. I used to use Autoglym until 1999 when I discovered Zymol.

Have a look on www.zymol.co.uk.

There is something wonderfully tactile in applying wax to your car with your hand and skin doesn't scratch paint.

Amen!

You only forgot to mention how good all their products smell !

The products are all natural so you don't get any headache if you apply them in an enclosed space like with some polishes. The smell of the products is amazing (e.g. HD Cleanse = chocolate liqueur, Treat = Banana , Seal = Coconut)

Amazing stuff and a pleasure to apply.

I have a feeling that Zaino may turn out to be a shinier paint finish but nothing will entice me away from the other Zymol products.

P.S. Concourse polish is keeping its finish very well so far despite the horrendous rain etc. up in the grim North