UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Beware of this s2000

Old 08-26-2015, 01:03 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RichwiththeS2000
Contact the hockey team / newspapers that are local to him. Maybe they would rather not have one of their players getting famous for being a scamming bellend.
Agreed. Name and shame him. Even more so if he plays for local team. Sure they would love to know about it.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unclefester
I still maintain, if you're going to travel for a car ....make sure it's a known good one first. Sorry you got bent over on this one
Yep OP didn't even HPI it
Old 08-26-2015, 02:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by japcrap
Why do you have "about 6 S2000's" is surely the real question here?
About 6? Are you not sure?
Old 08-26-2015, 02:32 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Dembo
Perhaps they are all in pieces?
Old 08-26-2015, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by japcrap
Maybe he had 7... or possibly 5 lol
Old 08-26-2015, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Dembo
Originally Posted by japcrap' timestamp='1440575221' post='23726676
I know you probably realise this, but I did quote that from the OP. I am not sure how many he has at all My guess is 5.7, that's about 6.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:22 AM

Received 122 Likes on 106 Posts

When you are shopping at the ar$e end of the market, expect utter boll&x from sellers. Assuming then, you are buying 'em cheap, to sell on?

Are you another 'Brewer log-in?

So, in short although its a shame the car was indeed, a sh*tter, serves you right for buying at that end of the market and expecting different. Moral is - never travel too far, to view something so cheap. And never, EVER put money down before you view - its a cardinal sin on a private buy especially on ebay. £50 on a trade seller is I guess, ok, IF the viewing goes pear shaped and you are guaranteed your money back. Even then, there's risk. Common sense would say though, don't ever do it. There's no comeback.

I made the mistake of viewing what I called "The Hereford Dog" about 4 years ago. He was a member on here, I had no problem exposing his absolute trash advert which was indeed jazzed up to make his s2000 sound minter than it was. The car was a pig when I arrived, £50 of wasted fuel annoyed me and I was furious at his time waste antics. He wanted a deposit FWIW claiming other viewings. I refused to deposit, and took my chances to look first. To say I was angry at the cars condition, was an understatement. I could have knocked him out there and then. Tw&t.
Every cloud 'n that, I bought a stunner from a retired old boy (worked all his life at Morris Oils) in deepest North Wales.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I live nearby, very very rarely see any other S2000's kicking about. Link would be ideal/ advert description/ photos.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:35 AM

Well tony, as I was shopping at "the arse end of the market" what else do I deserve, perhaps a good stoning? A fingering from an elderly man? Thing is with eBay , you always think you are getting a bargain. And to clear up the 6.7 s2000s I own, I mean I have owned in the past 6 s2's..... The reg of the car in question is x667 WLG it's black 2000 in year, and I still can't add fecking pictures! Perhaps I deserve this for shopping "at the arse end of the market" lol
Old 08-27-2015, 12:57 PM

Received 122 Likes on 106 Posts

You took a chance, you lost. Pity, feel for you bro'.
No matter how far away, I'd never put money down before looking. Ever.

I'd need to see it, feel it, smell it. Oh, and drive it. Can you imagine the timing chain rattling on test drive, or the handling to be suspect.

If your post is to embarrass the seller, you've only embarrassed yourself really. A heads up of a sh#tter is useful for would be buyers, however there's so many dogs on the wider market it will be soon forgotten.

Why not buy from a respectable owner on here - perhaps the best market.
Or carry on looking for dog pooh on eBay. Good luck :-)

To own 6 s2000's - are you crashing them? Most owners grow an affinity with their very own, and make it their busm buddy for a long time. Myself, I owned one 10 years ago not long after it was launched for 2 years, then came back to one after having a family 3 years ago.

I've no problem at all buying cheap, in fact, I'd prefer it now. More to do and tinker with, gets you a bargain. But expect to view many. Unless you drop lucky.

Quick Reply: Beware of this s2000