UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The biggest thank you from me.....

Old 10-14-2007, 01:33 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Post The biggest thank you from me.....

As you may or may not know, i've arranged the last few trackdays for S2Ki and we've had a brilliant turn out at each one. Donington was no exception.

The most recent one was at Donington yesterday, but unfortunately i found 2 days before the day that i have a problem with my car and i wouldn't be able to drive on the day(thought it was the TCT but that's been replaced and the noise hasn't gone).

To say i was gutted was an understatement and i thought i'd just be attending as a spectator and going out for plenty of passenger riders. Then Mark (Chilled) suggested that i attend the drivers briefing and he'd let me have a go in his car and then Bachi (Harsh) offered to let me drive his Ferrari, both offers i was really chuffed with and would have turned a big disappointment into a good day. Little did i know their ulterior motive!

Anyway, i turned up for the drivers briefing and at the end Jonny (bookatrack organiser) called me up to the front. I thought he was just going to embarass me by thanking me for organising 22 cars from S2Ki as he's done before. But no, this time was different.

Initally, he proceeded to tell the 80 or so people in the room who i was, that i had organised the day for S2Ki and that unfortunately my car had a problem that meant that i couldn't drive.

What came next was totally unexpected.

He then went on to say that all of the S2ki contingent on the day had chipped in to hire me one of the Bookatrack Caterhams!

I was absolutely gobsmacked! I had absolutely no idea what you'd all arranged for me.

I want to say a very public thank you to all of you who chipped in. It was a totally unnecessary but incredibly generous gesture from all of you and i had the most enjoyable trackday i've ever had.

I tried to speak to all of you and say thank you, but i'm sure there were some people i didn't get the chance to talk to so i apologise if i didn't thank you personally. I will however be PM'ing each of you to express my gratitude.

I certainly tried to get your money's worth and it felt like that i drove at least 40 minutes of every hour (my whole body aches today!). After the first couple of sessions on my own i also tried to get as many of you in the car as passengers as i could and i hope that those who did come out with me enjoyed the experience as much as i did.

Thanks again to all of you. It shows the spirit of S2Ki at its very best.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's fantastic - what an excellent bunch of people to have done that and you're right - does show the true spirit of S2Ki
Old 10-14-2007, 01:47 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 10-14-2007, 01:52 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Bloody marvellous! Nice gesture.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:56 AM

How fab is that!
Old 10-14-2007, 02:17 AM

Old 10-14-2007, 02:21 AM

Rich,

What we didn't tell you that it was a split decision between the Caterham and a Clown car.

"Clown car, clown car, clown car... Woo Hoo!"
Old 10-14-2007, 03:40 AM
ge2

Glad to be a part of your eventual demise into nail ownership.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:54 AM

We told you it was worth coming down early
Old 10-14-2007, 06:01 AM

Thoroughly deserved Rich. Well done all those who chipped in.

Sorry I could not be there this time ()but I am really looking forward to the next one (you had better bloody organise other one now! )

Quick Reply: The biggest thank you from me.....