UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Boot open light

Old 11-05-2012, 07:00 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Or the taped up wiring harness on the left hinge mech, could be a broken wire in there.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank gents - not great with electrics so not sure what to look for.
Is it fixable or do I need to order new parts?

Cheers,

Michael.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:25 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

The point is, without proper diagnosis, you could be buggering about forever before you finally replace the defective component.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

had this issue pop up recently and initially i thought it was wiring, to the trunk actuator and then to the lock assembly.

got a new actuator from Honda first and soon realized that wasn't the problem, and found out the pin switch for the S2000 was in the lock assembly, so got a lock assembly and when i installed it didn't fix the problem.

started thinking where else is there a pin switch, the doors but they have their own dash light, and i remembered i had an alarm installed when i bought the car and they installed a pin switch for the front hood, and sure enough it broke off after 12 years. taped it down as a quick fix and voila, light was gone.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boot Open Light

Originally Posted by GavB
Assuming its the light on the dash board you are refering too, that tells you the boot it open - and you are sure it is shut properly.....

There is a latching switch inside the boot opening mechanism (with the solinoid that opens the boot lock). This same swicth turns on both the boot interior light and the dash light. So unless you have some specific earth fault in the dash light circuit then aswell as your dash light being on, your interior boot light is too, you just don't know it.

Most likely the latching switch is stuck in the closed (on) position all the time, or there is some earth fault at that location.

Try giving the whole switch housing a few taps, see if that clears it. If not I suppose you are into a new solinoid/switch module.

If you don't care about having a boot light or the dash warning light you could cut the Blue&Black wire that connects to terminal 3 of the solinoid unit.

You may wish to remove your interior boot light bulb until you get this sorted.
My question is related to this thread. I have a 2003 Honda S2000. The trunk light has an intermittent supply of power. It came on yesterday with the trunk open for the first time in a year. I've worked on car electrical issues, but this is puzzling. i know I have to find the spot where the wire(s) are shorted out, but I cannot figure out where the wires go! There is one white wire and one blue/black wire, and both seem to go directly into the interior of the car (no from the trunk lid but from the trunk itself. Can anyone tell me where those trunk light WIRES go???? All of the sources that I look at either tell me how to replace the bulb or the light unit, but the problem is in the WIRING, and not the bulb or the light unit itself.

I guess that means I don't know where the solenoid is either. How do i find that?

HELP!

ISTDOC