UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Brayley honda Hemel Hempstead

Old 09-04-2007, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone got a rocker cover for sale
Old 09-04-2007, 12:58 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

They're right - no reason to touch the plug cover at that service.

That doesn't mean some muppet of a trainee didn't attempt to remove it to remove the oil he'd just sloshed all over the shop!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:18 AM

exactly but now its there word against mine i will need to buy a new rocker cover
Old 09-04-2007, 01:27 AM
jml

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Isn't the word 'ruined' a bit strong in this context ?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:28 AM

well what should i used F@cked
Old 09-04-2007, 02:01 AM

Assault might be a better word.

I agree this isnt on at all, as a garage you must get some guys trying it on sometimes trying to get things replaced that were not the fault of the garage.

They should know your an honest fella though and have a look into this for you and replace as needed. How much are rocker covers, I have no idea.

I would put your conserns to them in writting and if nessasary copy in Honda UK. If they have had a lot of complants about this garage something might actually get sorted.

Difficult possition to be in, but as a Forum Member keep spreading your word and hopefully people will vote with there feet and avoid this garage where possible unless they reconsider they way they have treated you.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:13 AM
pip

I had my S2000 in Brayley for work a number of times and didn't have any issues at all. No need to people to vote with there (sic) feet
Old 09-04-2007, 02:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RobJ1,Sep 4 2007, 10:01 AM
How much are rocker covers, I have no idea.
Around
Old 09-04-2007, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by mugen888,Sep 3 2007, 10:01 PM
wat must i do??????
Learn to spell ??
Oh and not to over react, it may well be your baby but ruined my car seems a little strong. I am sure it can and will be sorted.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:22 AM

OK, just got back to work - been out driiving all morning as we have a driver off sick.

I left a message for my customer to call me this morning as I wanted to inspect the vehicle.
I had a message to call a different number.
Our After Sales Manager called and spoke to the person who apparently owns the car and he was unwilling to drop the car back in for inspection.

I am a little confused here.

The service we did was a 36000 mile intermediate service - the rocker cover is not touched. Perhaps we may have spilled a small amount of oil - we will not know as the customer is not willing to bring the car back BUT he has posted that he lives 30 miles away - the person who brought the car in lives approx 2 miles from me and he told me he just purchased it from a friend, presumably the person who is 30 miles away.

Now, if we were able to inspect the car we would certainly be willing to clean any spillage that may have mistakenly happened but, firstly we did not remove or refit the rocker cover and we do not employee a "muppet of a trainee" either - our Apprentice Technician does not work with the person that carried out the service.

So, the offer is still there - bring the car in and we will rectify the spillage, the rocker cover was not touched by us at the service so we would be unwilling to accept any responsibility and can someone confirm to me exactly who owns this vehicle - 2 miles away or 30 miles? as I changed all the customer database when the customer came in on the basis that he had just bought the car and also gave Revolutions discount.

I don't doubt that you may have a grievence and I would like the opportunity to resolve it but don't you think to say the we have ruined your car is being a bit dramatic?

Quick Reply: Brayley honda Hemel Hempstead