S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Buddy Club Seat Fitted (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/buddy-club-seat-fitted-577563/)

j8mie 03-17-2008 08:14 AM

I have the BYS lowered seat rail on my drivers side and the limiting factor with the OEM seats is the thickness of the seat itself. You can't go much lower and I even found mine would rub on the carpet and it's not as easy as it should be to move the seat back and forth.

I was very tempted by these seats Mark, so it's interesting to hear your thoughts on the increased amount of space below the steering wheel. That is still a problem for me as I have no room to manoeuvre my knee/leg to allow me to heel and toe :(

Polemicist 03-17-2008 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by j8mie,Mar 17 2008, 04:14 PM
I have the BYS lowered seat rail on my drivers side and the limiting factor with the OEM seats is the thickness of the seat itself. You can't go much lower and I even found mine would rub on the carpet and it's not as easy as it should be to move the seat back and forth.

I was very tempted by these seats Mark, so it's interesting to hear your thoughts on the increased amount of space below the steering wheel. That is still a problem for me as I have no room to manoeuvre my knee/leg to allow me to heel and toe :(

The seat height difference is very noticeable - I had to massively re-adjust the rear view and door mirrors from my usual settings for the OEM seats.

One down-side is that you sit so low in the car, it looks to others as though one is affected by dowager-stoop - a bit like the Woman Lincoln driver at the end of 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'...

s2k_Nut 03-17-2008 08:32 AM

I would have bought them had the colour been more appropriate, but I think my blue interior really requires blue seats too .. I did have a look but buddy club don't appear to do a blue seat :(

j8mie 03-17-2008 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by markwneale,Mar 17 2008, 04:31 PM
The seat height difference is very noticeable - I had to massively re-adjust the rear view and door mirrors from my usual settings for the OEM seats.

One down-side is that you sit so low in the car, it looks to others as though one is affected by dowager-stoop - a bit like the Woman Lincoln driver at the end of 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'...

Interesting. I might need to do some more research into replacement seats before I make a punt into the market. I would perfer reclining seats, but that only jacks the price up a bit more, espically if the name Bride is stamped all over them.

Buying bucket seats I imagine is very similar to buying a helmet. Not every make suits everyones.

Looking forward to some photos :)

s2k_Nut - It is a shame Buddy Club don't do them in different colours, but I guess you could always get them recovered if you were feeling flush :)

berlinabob 03-17-2008 09:30 AM

sounds good :thumbup:
anybody got a link to the BYS seat lowering brackets, at 6"4 i could do with one as i can't see the rev's too good cos of the stearing wheel.

j8mie 03-17-2008 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by berlinabob,Mar 17 2008, 05:30 PM
sounds good :thumbup:
anybody got a link to the BYS seat lowering brackets, at 6"4 i could do with one as i can't see the rev's too good cos of the stearing wheel.

I've just taken mine off the car, and will be posting a for sale advert on here in the next few days :)

nickrg3 03-17-2008 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by eSeM,Mar 17 2008, 03:43 PM
:D

There are a few advantages to being short.

:)

If you are sat that much lower how can you see over the steering wheel :p

eSeM 03-17-2008 10:28 AM

The bucket seats have 3 height settings :)

Polemicist 03-31-2008 02:28 AM

I managed to get around to fitting the passenger's seat yesterday afternoon - so went for decent thrash with the other-half on board.

General impression from Mrs N is that the seats are very comfortable and that roof-down, the effects of the wind are much less intrusive - so much so, a bee-hive hair-do might be tenable.

The large size seats were a PITA to fit and are perhaps a smidgen too large - however they're in now and I guess that's all that matters.

On the lowest seat position the adjustment mechanism was fouling on the seat base, so I've canted (great word that...) the seats - slightly higher at front than at rear. They now have a nice angle of recline and can be moved fore and aft - albeit with some effort as the sides are up against the tunnel.

I will post pictures when the CF bonnet, Time Attacks and other Mugen tat is fitted...

MUG3N 03-31-2008 03:34 AM

Hi Mark,

Sounds great, it is always good to see a better half happy with where the money is going!

I have to confess that yesterday we finally got my bonnet off to fit the mugen intake, with the bonnet marked out and dremel in hand, and my mate nagging me that such a big cut did not look good for re-sale value of the car, I bottled it!

Now back to the drawing board, either find a second hand bonnet I can cut, or plump for the Mugen Carbon Fibre hood. I don't know about you, but I dont want to look Chav with a black carbon bonnet, but I would feel guilty panting a