UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bush Suppliers

Old 11-30-2013, 09:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bush Suppliers

Anyone got any experience of these people?
Old 11-30-2013, 10:00 AM

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

I bet the front compliance bush is as much use as the polybush one. Other than that one can say they are cheap!
Old 12-03-2013, 03:29 AM

Just to add an extra bit of info - the inner steel bush is galvanised, not stainless.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it's worth spending abit extra and go for the powerflex/polybush kits as we know they work as they should
God knows what could happen if they failed at speed
Old 12-04-2013, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbon S2K
I think it's worth spending abit extra and go for the powerflex/polybush kits as we know they work as they should
I think that is a bit extreme in terms of scaremongering.

Galved sleeves will be fine as you have to cover them in grease anyway.

I have no doubt, as CHIPPO has said, that the compliance bush won't be and will bind making it useless.

Personally I have no problem with poly bushes as long as one understands that they must be checked upon regularly and replaced often as they will distort.

Having said that, replacing them is about as easy as it gets!
Old 12-04-2013, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Originally Posted by Carbon S2K' timestamp='1386075680' post='22904873

I have no doubt, as CHIPPO has said, that the compliance bush won't be and will bind making it useless.

Personally I have no problem with poly bushes as long as one understands that they must be checked upon regularly and replaced often as they will distort.

He can buy what he likes,I'm just saying that I would go with the powerflex/polybush as I trust that they won't fall apart that's my opinion if that's ok with you
Old 12-05-2013, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus' timestamp='1386202074' post='22907638
[quote name='Carbon S2K' timestamp='1386075680' post='22904873']

He can buy what he likes,I'm just saying that I would go with the powerflex/polybush as I trust that they won't fall apart that's my opinion if that's ok with you
[/quote]

I haven't decided what to buy as yet. I just posted it up as a general question. There are loads of suppliers of polybushes all round the world, as I have discovered using the power of Mr Google and his remarkable engine. Not all of them make bushes for the S2000, so they never get discussed here. I can't believe that there is a great deal of difference between the lot of them. If they all fell to bits after a few months they wouldn't still be in business. Decisions, decisions ....
Old 12-05-2013, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no problem with your opinion, just the scare mongering.

If you'd have posted: 'I prefer to stick to what I know so I'd go Powerflex' that'd be fine.

But what you said was basically if you buy those you will crash and die. I find it extremely improbable that a poly bush will 'fail'. It will just distort and you'll start to get some knocking.

There is a lot of scare mongering on here and it gets a little annoying sometimes because newbies end up buying into it.

Good luck with whatever you buy Andy and please post your results up here of the new bushes whatever you go for
Old 12-05-2013, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Carbon S2K' timestamp='1386230672' post='22908089

If you'd have posted: 'I prefer to stick to what I know so I'd go Powerflex' that'd be fine.

But what you said was basically if you buy those you will crash and die. I find it extremely improbable that a poly bush will 'fail'. It will just distort and you'll start to get some knocking.

There is a lot of scare mongering on here and it gets a little annoying sometimes because newbies end up buying into it.

Good luck with whatever you buy Andy and please post your results up here of the new bushes whatever you go for
He he, I'm half tempted now to go with the Polish ones and see what happens. After all, I could always just change them again. I mean, it's only money, time, damaged hands, swearing, lots of tea drinking... still haven't decided yet though. A few more old bushes to be persuaded to leave their current homes. Now where did I put that lump hammer ...
Old 12-05-2013, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Carbon S2K' timestamp='1386230672' post='22908089

Ok fair comment.i didn't intend to come across like that,I just wouldn't like to see anyone on here get in some sort of trouble over a few pounds that's all.

Quick Reply: Bush Suppliers