UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Calling all metal / plastic fabricators or sign makers

Old 05-14-2015, 07:00 AM

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Calling all metal / plastic fabricators or sign makers

At this years Dunsfold Wings and Wheels meet I want to display a board with some info on the S2000 and the S2KUK club. This is a club project and we can use whatever is created at other future club events.

Despite my skills with a sheet of plywood and a pot of airfix paint I think I need something a little more professional looking.

One idea is to fabricate something like this:

Some design considerations:
- the perspex top should allow for a paper insert and should not allow any water inside. This approach gives us much better flexibility on content.
- the top perspex section should be detatchable
- we'd need to add an S2000 graphic to the base similar to what they have done here. (Nice Camero eh !)
- the unit should be rigid enough to cope windy airfields etc.
- base should be strong enough to park on to hold it down and suitable for solid ground and grass
- dismantled it should fit in the boot of an S2000 (or behind the seats)

If anyone feels they might be up for the job of fabriacting some of these (or knows someone who is) then please let me know. We can then start talking numbers of units, costs etc..

Also any graphic designers who can help with the logo on the base please let me have any ideas.

Andy
Old 05-14-2015, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about a roller banner? £30-60 ish online and folds down into a cassette which will fit into the boot of a S, not ideal if its going to be windy tho'
Old 05-14-2015, 12:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm afraid i can't help personally but if you want a recommendation, an old petrolhead friend of mine from Guildford now runs a bespoke signage company. Unfortunately he's recently moved down to Petersfield: Puffin Plastics. I'm sure he'd do you a very good job for a reasonable price if you can't find a free option and it's not that far down the A3 :-)
Old 05-15-2015, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bully9
I'm afraid i can't help personally but if you want a recommendation, an old petrolhead friend of mine from Guildford now runs a bespoke signage company. Unfortunately he's recently moved down to Petersfield: Puffin Plastics. I'm sure he'd do you a very good job for a reasonable price if you can't find a free option and it's not that far down the A3 :-)

Cheers Bully
Can you PM me his name so I can give him a call ?
Old 05-15-2015, 02:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've long thought that a spec list for car shows next to the car itself is a superb idea. Namely as it can be challenging to distinguish what has been done to some cars and can give an explanation as to why.

Great idea. Make it foldable and wind/water resistant must be key.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll pop round to my local dealer and nick one out of their showroom......
Old 05-15-2015, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by GreenmanS2000
I'll pop round to my local dealer and nick one out of their showroom......
just make sure it fits in your boot.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Might be worth contacting Honda to see if they have any "spare".
Even walking into the dealer and asking where they get theirs from.

I will be at my lookul dealer next week (new battery) so if I remember I will ask.

Steve
Old 05-15-2015, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by minvo
Might be worth contacting Honda to see if they have any "spare".
Even walking into the dealer and asking where they get theirs from.

I will be at my lookul dealer next week (new battery) so if I remember I will ask.

Steve
Cheers Steve
Got that in hand, will be speaking to Redhill Honda when I'm there on Tuesday, however the ones I have seen already, I'm not conident they'll fit in the boot which is a design constraint. Hence the need for a bespoke option.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:46 AM

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

I could probably knock something up, but it depends on what the budget is for them really, as to get the top truly waterproof ideally you want it sealed with an o-ring and some button heads to bolt it together, etc. Water resistant or splash proof for the odd light shower is another matter though

Quick Reply: Calling all metal / plastic fabricators or sign makers