UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Cannot catch a break :(

Old 02-10-2014, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannot catch a break :(

Just wanted to vent here as you guys will understand how I'm feeling!

So last Friday at work I came out to find this clusterf@#k of a parking job:

On closer inspection I noticed this:

Nice scrape down my rear wing, of course no note or anything left..

Cleaned it all up on the weekend and I have this:

Managed to track the owner down today and found out its some old idiot women in our office, she had no tax or insurance so she's been reported to the authorities. I'm waiting to hear back if she will pay for the damage as she wasn't around to ask.

OK it's not the end of the world. I go out this morning and for some reason, I dont even know how it happened as its been stood there fine for 6 months, but my girlfriends bike fell on top of my car as I was leaving the garage this morning. Taking a nice fat gouge out of the bonnet and bumper...

Beyond livid. So so pissed off Trying to keep a car nice is just so stressful, makes me want to give up.

I phoned chips away who are coming for a proper quote tomorrow but they seem to think that repairing/blending the bonnet well will be a difficult, 1-2 day job and probably cost about £500.

Really dont have anything to add, just massively fed up with crap going wrong! They say it comes in 3's so I'll probably be back tomorrow with a blown engine!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:04 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It certainly does comes in 3s in my experience, was there anyone next to her when she parked and that's why she parked like she did? If not then I'm sorry that's some selfish, thick, low IQ, inbred retarded parking.

Ffs you did the right thing, unfortunately these people breed too
Old 02-10-2014, 10:05 AM

That is such bad luck. I feel sorry for you buddy.

It's really annoying that people have no respect for others property. Like you I always check my car after some dodgy parking next to mine.

I wish you some better luck.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 02-10-2014, 10:08 AM

I feel your pain Rich.

The GF's bike thing is really unfortunate and was an accident, but anyone who can be so stupid to park like that (and leave it parked like that!!??), then not leave a note, and is driving without insurance deserves a good *!@^_+=?!!

They are the lowest of the low.

If the law does not help you, speak to some one who can as she obviously thinks she is above the law and immune from retribution.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be furious too, how can anyone park like that, get out and then think, 'yeah, I did a good job of that'. There are some right whoppers out there!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:10 AM

There is no bay to the right of where she parked, in fact the end bay is slightly larger and its a straight drive in so literally have no idea how she managed it other than genuine mental issues! ahhhh!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2konroids
.........unfortunately these people breed too
Old 02-10-2014, 10:12 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Rotten luck.

Still, no tax & insurance; you did the world a favour - unwittingly.

Similar with my bike happened to my MX-5; wind caught the bike & looked like Mr Invisible road it across the drive and the brake lever caught the rear wing. Fortunately, their acrylic was designed to be compounded.

Good luck with the repairs.

I must admit, I've now given up keeping them immaculate.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:59 AM

Hey bud, I feel bad for you and I don't even know you!

I know I'm a bit far (Cambs) but a very good friend of mine runs an express body shop, and is always looking to fix up S2000's! He's owned 2 in the past

He would definitely be able to do you a good price and a cracking job, if you get stuck.

Chin up fella.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:16 AM

Times like these you just need to take a deep breath and dont let things get to you. Frustration and anger will only make bad things more likely to happen.

Quick Reply: Cannot catch a break :(