UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Cannot catch a break :(

Old 02-10-2014, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to see this Rich. I just can't get my head around someone driving without tax or insurance. Let alone parking like a tw*t.

I had an @rsehole last year leave a huge gauge/scrape on my rear in a car park after parking miles away from any other cars, and they drove off!!

Chips Away, they're not mobile paint guys are they? I wouldnt recommend that on the bonnet/bumper mate. Unfortunately a proper job would mean blending the wings in too and far more than £500 I'm afraid.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:48 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by weatyGT
All joking aside. Hope all cleans up well and the bike gets tyed up!! Tying up yiur other half is optional I guess...
Surely that is best left for the NSFW section.
As for the car. I also feel your pain after having recently received a nice 2" scratch on my front wing from some div woman parking next to me and shimmy'ing down the side of my car. No doubt with her purse covered in metal studs dragging behind her.

Hope you get something from the woman! Definitely need to take some responsibility for breathing air!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say that between you and Paul you have shown that rnbp is an unlucky colour to have.

Don't get a mobile paint guy in. That needs to go to a body shop. I was quoted £100 a panel to have my front and bonnet painted by a body shop.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:37 AM

This was chips away, BUT they said they would take it to their body shop to blend it properly over the course of a couple of days. I've got a quote from a friend of a friend who reckons he can do it, cash, for £200. I've seen his work (he is a pro, just at mates rates) and it seems good but that seems mega cheap so slightly apprehensive!

Chips away are coming out today to give a full quote for the bonnet/bumper and the rear quarter too. At least I can invoice the bint who hit the rear for the repairs but the bike damage is just down to shitty luck/wind/ghosts/whatever decided to knock it down. The bike is now banned from the garage as I can't risk things falling on my car again, it's cheaper to buy another bike!

Thanks for the input though everyone - I will get the pic up on youparklikeaseeyounextuesday.com :]
Old 02-11-2014, 01:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be worth investing in a cover too. I have one on mine the whole time it's in the garage.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be most annoyed if that was my car

Hope the repair goes well. Side is very doable.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:04 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I know the bike was accidental, but does anyone ever feel like people hate S2000's? Possibly out of high levels of jealousy?
I recently bought a 2nd S2 for breaking and went out over the weekend to remove the brakes only to find the N/S headlight was smashed. A few meters away lay a glass paper weight ball. Seems someone decided the headlight needed to be mashed in!

I now always park on the far side of any car park!
Old 02-11-2014, 03:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a ford orion 1.6GL, back in the day. I parked the said outside a pub for a few hours and came back to both headlights kicked in. Quality, high performance road rockets will always be attacked.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wowow, £500 for bonnet and bumper? Sod that!

I had my whole bonnet bumper AND wings done for £400, but that was trade.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:20 AM

It's kinda funny as my girlfriend always used to moan about me parking far away in car parks, but this is exactly why. If I didn't have off road parking and a garage at home I think the paranoia of people smashing my car in would be too much!

But if it's not idiots ruining the car, it's the snow/ice/grit/floods/pot holes trashing it anyway! Oh well

I just got another quote from a local body shop, they reckon £500 as well.

Quick Reply: Cannot catch a break :(