UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Cat B write off advice

Old 06-22-2017, 01:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As it appears I'm now the yard stick for such things, I feel I should congratulate you on your work. A slight negative mark in the technical category for a minor lack of effort on the number of rolls is more than offset for the artistic impression of rolling whilst going through a hedge backwards
It really amazes me me just how strong these cars are when you see the photos and know those in the cars walk away.

With regard to getting parts; my car ended up with Copart who were more than helpful but I had a very tight timeframe to get my bits. As mentioned above, if you remove something it must be replaced with a standard part. I didn't bother refitting the stock parts input them in the boot. That may be a little difficult with suspension parts...
Old 06-22-2017, 09:46 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

You even lowered yours sufficiently to allow even your broken frame to get access
Old 06-22-2017, 10:53 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

So sorry to read this. I can't imagine how I would feel if this happened to me. Especially as it's obvious that you have spent a great deal of time and money making the S how you wanted it.
The major plus is your Ok. You have also the chance of finding another great car. Good luck and I hope you find another good example.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:31 AM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by PaulF
As it appears I'm now the yard stick for such things, I feel I should congratulate you on your work. A slight negative mark in the technical category for a minor lack of effort on the number of rolls is more than offset for the artistic impression of rolling whilst going through a hedge backwards
Old 06-23-2017, 03:34 AM

Forward facing accidents are great, Paul, but they've been done so many times before so you have to put in a couple of rolls at least if you want to be taken seriously. I wanted to bring a bit of variety to the roll-over genre, put my own stamp on it, so backwards and semi-airborne was the only way to go for me.

As for being pi55ed off. I was a bit gutted at first - I have put a lot of effort into the car and the insurance claim is bound to be a PITA. It's all the little things that get to me most though, all the little maintenance jobs from the FAQ's that I've done, rustproofing etc. - stuff that isn't obvious but takes time, makes the car yours and better than just another old car, if you get what I mean? The other thing is it had never had a seized bush and I can't see me being that lucky next time. I think the big mods are easier to replicate though...

On the plus side, I've wanted a PFL in a bright colour for a while now and I was running out of stuff to tinker with, so I'm well up for the new project.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OP those are some pictures that you're going to be able to show the grandkids one day! good effort. On a serious note glad you're alright - If you want a bright PFL definitely go for Yellow - I don't think S2000's get much "brighter" than that!!
Old 06-23-2017, 05:03 AM

Yellow is top of the list.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:41 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbloke
Yellow is top of the list.
Well it is the gayest colour.

You could end up with that Wheeler Dealer car.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:59 AM

Glad that you're (relatively) ok. You did a comprehensive job there! No point in having half a crash, hope the insurance claim isn't too much of a hassle.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:24 AM

Nah Rich, Ladyboy is the gayest colour. Why else would they call it ladyboy?

Thanks IMC.

Quick Reply: Cat B write off advice