UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Catch Can - is it worth paying for a more expensive one?

Old 05-19-2015, 10:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lol - love the beer can instal

Ive got a cusco catch can going spare if ur interested.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is custom made catch can/coolant expansion tank warms up for aiding catching vapour. Has internal baffle plate, rear port at top to dump to ground and levels indicators. Sits in battery tray and has bung to let oil/vapour out.
Attached Thumbnails Catch Can - is it worth paying for a more expensive one?-20150404_194349.jpg  
Old 05-19-2015, 11:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i did something similar to a S2konroids. Two AN10 ports in the rocker cover (above the splash plate) and a Mocal catch can, that vents through the cap and drains through the bottom.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:51 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I've got this in a custom size so it's mounted near the coolant expansion bottle.

It's far better than the Cusco unit I had prior.

Baffles are what you want IMO
Old 05-20-2015, 12:32 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

After seing this thread it made me think more about catch cans and related stuff and came across these posts on a SR20 forum, i know its not the same as f20 but the explanation of having catch cans and crank case breather etc is very good and shows a few different ways you could go about it, it is worth a read.

Na edition read this first

Boosted editon

Anees hows the Evo ?
Old 05-20-2015, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike's
After seing this thread it made me think more about catch cans and related stuff and came across these posts on a SR20 forum, i know its not the same as f20 but the explanation of having catch cans and crank case breather etc is very good and shows a few different ways you could go about it, it is worth a read.

Na edition read this first

Boosted editon

Anees hows the Evo ?
Thanks will take a read!

Regarding the Evo (are you from MLR??), well I taxed it 1st May (out of storage for winter) and had been really loving driving it (and scaring passengers when appropriate to do so) but last week something didn't feel right - it was down on power (still very quick but not the same and felt very smooth, I had this occur once before around 4 years ago when I had a crack in my Miltek exhaust centre section. Anyway got it back up on the ramp and discovered I was correct and my exhaust had cracked AGAIN in the center section around the weld Milteks warranty is not worth the paper its written on because car is running more then 25% of standard power and is only valid 2 years from original purchase. My mechanic mate also said the exhaust sounded like the baffles had gone too. We also noticed I had a leak from one of my oil cooler pipes (common issue)

So I have ordered a new 3" catback system and in an attempt to quieten the car down a little I've gone for a 3" silenced decat to replace my Miltek decat - hopefully it helps since I am old now....lol I've also ordered a HEL Oil Cooler kit to replace the standard oil cooler and pipes; then I'm planning on getting a map tweak to check everything is still ok with the new exhaust and 3" silenced downpipe... The joys of Evo ownership - just keep throwing money at it......
Old 05-20-2015, 01:20 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi Anees i was over on OJC and one of Gords and Neil's mates, glad its still running and back out on the road but a shitter on the exhaust pal, i would like a scary passenger ride in the beast ha ha, will have to come see it some time. It was you who had the s2000 years ago and made me want one

Also have a look through this f20 breather
Old 05-21-2015, 02:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you think of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motamec-Al...item58c1a49582

If 1 Litre is a bit much then they do a smaller baffled 0.5 Litre too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBP-Baffle...item58ac92e3b4
Old 05-21-2015, 03:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just run the two hoses off the valve cover to the catch can, no need for a vacume from the inlet mani. Plus if you use wire wool to baffle the can there's no chance of
It ever entering the engine somehow. My ja racing setup is like this
Old 05-22-2015, 03:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the Saikou Michi one on my RHD car. Its fits fine. Rather than use the battery tie it comes with and attach it to that, I just slid it on to one of the poles for the normal battery tie and bent the AC pipe just a few mm.

It really works as well, it stopped the power cuts and puffs of smoke I was getting on certain corners at Snetterton, and when I emptied it it really had quite a bit of oil in it. I also ran it when I went supercharged.

They were on ebay a few years back, might be easier to order that way.

Here is a bit showing the baffles and why:
http://www.saikoumichi.com/internal_baffle_design.html

Quick Reply: Catch Can - is it worth paying for a more expensive one?