UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Cheshire_Carper Aus Group Buy - Current Status ...

Old 01-15-2003, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cheshire_Carper Aus Group Buy - Current Status ...

Following Colin's recent post regarding his illness I have been unable to contact him even via his mobile. Let's hope it is not serious.

I have contacted Wayne (AusS2000) to see where we stand with the group buy and it seems he is still awaiting some units before shipping. He is very apologetic about the time this is taking but he is reliant on his suppliers.

I have also asked him to cc me on any emails to Colin about the group buy and if necessary I can receive the delivery and distribute. I am currently travelling from Surrey to Manchester each week so should be able to hand deliver to most people one way or the other.

This information has been emailed to the people I think are involved in the Aus group buy based on a previous email from Colin to us, however this does not seem to relate to the spreadsheet I have.

I will try and keep this thread updated as and when I get information from Wayne.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

- Adam.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT

Wishing CC a speedy recovery.

Rudester
Old 01-20-2003, 06:52 AM

Just a quick note to say I am still working on this.

I have been in touch with Aus and he is hopefully of shipping very soon assuming the remaining items are supplied on time and to the high quality Aus demands.

Also I have contacted Colin who is starting to feel better now but is still not 100%, hopefully we will start getting more tales from the riverbank from the carper himself in the next couple of weeks!

More news as it breaks ...

- Adam.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:08 AM

Originally posted by Frisky
Also I have contacted Colin who is starting to feel better now
Adam, that is good news indeed; I was becoming a little worried about him

Please pass on best wishes from all of us to Colin (and to Bev) next time you contact him; I'm sure we all look forward to the return of his unique posting style
Old 01-20-2003, 07:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I`m out of retirement for one posting only.

Key points to note:

1. CC + Mrs CC`s Christmas was cancelled. It was total sh*t and I spent the whole time lying on my back (insert gag).

2. A certain part of my anatomy ached like hell and made life pretty unbearable (insert another gag - yes, its where you think).

3. I purchased 72 cans of beer on Dec 21st and have drank none due to medication and no interest in anything.

4. I *STILL* have xmas pressies in an unopened state (true).

5. Frisky has been super helpful taking control of the groupbuy, cheers Frisky

6. I have had a grand total of 4 hours carping in 3 weeks. Not even the lakeside made me better.

7. I`ve suffered with all this sh*t 3 years ago, had it fixed, for 2.5 years respite and it all came back again 4 weeks ago. So I am *NOT* a happy bunny.

8. The S has not been driven since Dec 25th. It came out Christmas day, I drove to my parents, felt like poop drove home, lay down and felt sorry for myself for the next three weeks. I haven`t even seen it for 3 weeks so the alarm is bound to be goosed now.

9. I am sat at work now, not happy, achey gut and still p*ssed off that I`m stuck with this sensation. I`m about to chuck my Action Man and Big Track + Speak and spell and pocket Simon out of my buggie.

10. Jeese I wish I had another week (or two) off work. Its total sh*t here.

One unhappy carper.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:40 AM

What?! You have pocket Simon and you are still unhappy! Huh! No pleasing some.

Look on the bright side ...

1. You STILL have presents to open!

2. You have off loaded the group buy onto some poor unsuspecting soul ... hang on ... is that what all this is about?!

3. Not driving your S in the recent crap weather has saved you from joining our growing list of wanna-be stunt men!

4. You are in IT and you still have a job.

So here's hoping you are using your tackle again soon! (had to get a fishing pun in there somewhere )

- Adam.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:53 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

5. 72 Cans of beer (Party at CC's when he is feeling better)

GWS.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:48 AM

Bloody hell Col, That sounds nasty.
I really really really really hope... ... ... that never happens to me

Seriously though. All the best, and I hope your on the mend soon.

Old 01-28-2003, 09:24 AM

Latest news ...

Aus is hoping to ship the group buy by the end of this week!

So, in preperation for this event could all those who are waiting for items from the Aus group buy please PM me with the following details ...

S2ki name
Name (real!)
Full Address
Items expected (if you can still remember! )

I do have a spreadsheet to validate against so no imposters please!

Not sure at the moment how I will distribute the goods, obviously the people in the Surrey/Hampshire/Berkshire area will be easy, for the rest I will be looking for regional distributors! Unfortunately I am finishing on the project in Manchester at the end of next week so I won't be making that journey anymore, I was hoping to hand deliver to most people en-route. If necessary I will have to post things. I will also let you know if we are stung for import duty and how much that will be.

Fingers crossed for delivery next week!

- Adam.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:08 AM

Hopefully we'll get our kit before the war in Iraq.

Quick Reply: Cheshire_Carper Aus Group Buy - Current Status ...