UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Childsy's Blue s2k

Old 07-29-2013, 11:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Moolann
Hope you get it all sorted

Never heard of a faulty input shaft bearing on a s2k. It's a common fault with the civic gearbox's. Had to get it replaced on my EP2 civic earlier this year. Also sounds like you've had enough reassurance but just incase, mine knocks from neutral to first when stationary too.
Thanks mate, well hopefully it's not the shaft bearing but can't imagine it can be much else considering the symptoms.

Sounds like the gearbox knock is normal then, that's good, thanks.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by AlexGJ248

If you can stretch to a Password:JDM full Carbon Fibre one then get that, if not, AEM V2 is considered one of the best!
Yh seen those they look awesome! Where can you get that kit from in the uk?

AEM V2 is always popular with Hondas, but I always worry about hydro-lock with those kits... Has that been an issue with the s2k?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:47 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Just don't drive through rivers and you'll be fine

Keep an eye on the For Sale forum too - there's been an "as new" PRM for £150 recently (it did go within about 11 mins of it being posted though) there's also been an AEM v1 up for a while from UncleFester I think , but I think that's recently gone too.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
Just don't drive through rivers and you'll be fine

Keep an eye on the For Sale forum too - there's been an "as new" PRM for £150 recently (it did go within about 11 mins of it being posted though) there's also been an AEM v1 up for a while from UncleFester I think , but I think that's recently gone too.
Very true! Although may struggle not to down here at the moment, weathers horrendous!!
Will keep an eye out for a second hand one though if its in good nick. Would love a password intake though!
Old 07-30-2013, 03:41 AM

Honda have confirmed the noise is from the diff.... Diff and gearbox oil is getting changed and checked for debris. Hopefully that will cure it! If that what's my next step? Another diff or can it be stripped cost effectively?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it would be the diff. Easy solution - source a replacement diff and install. Not so easy solution - take yours off and service it. Either way make sure you flush the diff prior to install. Have Honda stated the course or the problem. Or have they just advised on an oil change?
Old 07-30-2013, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by a3lkx
I thought it would be the diff. Easy solution - source a replacement diff and install. Not so easy solution - take yours off and service it. Either way make sure you flush the diff prior to install. Have Honda stated the course or the problem. Or have they just advised on an oil change?
Ok well I will go and source a diff if this oil change they do doesn't sort it. I guess by seeing what debris is in the old oil will determine what is causing the noise.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Childsy

If you can stretch to a Password:JDM full Carbon Fibre one then get that, if not, AEM V2 is considered one of the best!
Yh seen those they look awesome! Where can you get that kit from in the uk?

AEM V2 is always popular with Hondas, but I always worry about hydro-lock with those kits... Has that been an issue with the s2k?
Unfortunately, I don't know of anywhere in the UK that sells Password:JDM stuff, it would probably have to be imported. With regards to the AEM V2, I haven't seen anyone post on here saying they hydro-locked their engines with one of them fitted. To be fair though, when I get a proper aftermarket intake, I'll probably get a K&N FIPK because it would fit my carbon fibre cooling plate well.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:11 AM

A diff and gearbox oil change has stopped the noise! Phew! Think I've got a away lightly this time.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:12 AM

Unfortunately, I don't know of anywhere in the UK that sells Password:JDM stuff, it would probably have to be imported. With regards to the AEM V2, I haven't seen anyone post on here saying they hydro-locked their engines with one of them fitted. To be fair though, when I get a proper aftermarket intake, I'll probably get a K&N FIPK because it would fit my carbon fibre cooling plate well.
Ah fair enough. Any pictures of your cooling plate?

Quick Reply: Childsy's Blue s2k