UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Coilovers: BC Racing or Race Logic or MeisterR

Old 02-07-2014, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They all look pretty much the same to be honest - I wouldn't be suprised if they were either made in the same factory or made by different people, but to the same design and using the same components.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
The OEMs have remote reservoirs which allows for a thicker shaft (ooer missus) so i doubt any of these are an upgrade.. To newish.

But my car is 2001 so probably any are an upgrade i imagine
The OEMs are also twin tube meaning they need that reservoir.

I do wish GAZ would get a move on and offer some of their mono tubes for the S2000.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:02 AM

Just been for a test run of the BC dampers with 10kg springs all round.

The BCs are very good indeed for road use. On full soft they are ~10% firmer than stock, full hard they are a little softer than my old Tein Monoflex setup.

Anyone worrying about fillings getting rattled out need not be!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:26 AM

Cheers for that, the 8/6kg springs might be too soft then
Old 02-08-2014, 09:57 AM

I've got Meister R - GT1's on my car (10/8) and just from my experience they are faultless. I've really found them a step up from other brands (around same price range or higher) of coilovers I've used (not on the S2000 as these are my first set on the S)

I spoke to Jerrick who I found highly informative and helped me understand a little before I purchased.

I have been meaning to write a thread about them but it slipped my mind until I read this post! But I have been genuinely impressed by the GT1's capability.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus

The BCs are very good indeed for road use. On full soft they are ~10% firmer than stock, full hard they are a little softer than my old Tein Monoflex setup.

Really impressed with these, cant wait for the roads to dry up, but on the way home in atrocious conditions they inspired confidence and soaked up the pot holes nicely (5 clicks from soft)
Old 02-08-2014, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by earl's_f20c
Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus' timestamp='1391882573' post='23005487

Really impressed with these, cant wait for the roads to dry up, but on the way home in atrocious conditions they inspired confidence and soaked up the pot holes nicely (5 clicks from soft)
Soaked up the pot holes!? You've probably knocked your new geo out now!
Old 02-08-2014, 10:28 AM

It'll be interesting to see how mine compare to yours Lee seeing as I got the 8kg / 6kgs.
I don't fancy them being much harder than stock on a daily, but I'll be able to dial them in harder for the track.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:10 PM

Just seen this thread so let me put up a little more info:

MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers:
These are built oversea to MeisterR specification.
They are design by us and we do document every last bit of the dampers, down to the shims size and the gas pressure.
So while the outside may look the same; look at the inside, throw the damper on the dyno, and you may find that everything is different.

The Zeta-R is an entry level performance suspension and are design for fast road and occasional track days use at a reasonable price.
The RRP of the S2000 Zeta-R coilovers is £749, and the current springs rate are set at 10/8

MeisterR GT1 Coilovers:
These are a new range of coilovers that we recently finish developing.
The GT1 coilovers are completely engineered, machined, and hand build in the UK.
The GT1 coilovers are design from the ground up using advanced technology and engineering to compete with the biggest name in the business, namely the Ohlins DFV coilovers.
The GT1 coilovers are design to be comfortable for long motorway journey, responsive for the twisty, compliant over bumps, and with enough damping adjustments to be competitive for track use.

The GT1 is MeisterR vision of developing the best 1-way suspension there is at a sensible price.
We wanted something that is easy to adjust, will work no matter what you throw at it, and be able to do check all the box an enthusiast driver will demand.
We have spend the best part of last 2 years developing the GT1, and have tested it from road trip to Italy to road racing in Macau.

The GT1 pistons are design and machined in the UK, our wear tape is a unique chequered design to reduce stiction, and even the oil we use are from Millers to ensure quality.
While the GT1 coilovers is a bit more expensive at RRP of £1550, there simply isn't anything on the market that can deliver the same level of technology and performance at this price bracket.

As they say, a picture says a thousand words… so here is a picture to show you the difference in engineering of the GT1 coilovers.

The piston on the right (darker colour) is a CNC piston you found in most "high-end" suspension.
The one in the picture was engineered by Nitron Racing
The piston on the left (silver colour) is the GT1 piston, you can simply see the difference in engineering in them.
Every hole and every grove of the GT1 piston are there to serve a purposes, it isn't there just to look pretty.

I hope that helps answer a few questions, but if anyone have any questions please feel free to let us know and I'll be happy to answer them.

Jerrick
Old 02-10-2014, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Scottland
Hi all,

I've spend the last few days reading around, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot in it between the 3 sets above? The Racelogic and BC both can be had with 8kg & 6kg springs (if I wanted) whereas the Meisters would be 10:10/10:8 only?

Price wise there's isn't a whole lot in it, but MeisterR's seem to be a british brand (and built?) which I like the idea of. Any thoughts comments on any of the 3 sets? As I know a lot of folk here have had multiple sets, so I'd like to know how they compare or if they are largely the same. I'm mainly interested in road performance as I'll only do 2/3 trackdays a year.
Also, just so I add... If you want we "can" do the 8/6 setup.
However, from feedback from the UK S2Ki community, we do feel that the 10/8 setup seems to be the best all rounder.

If you are worried about ride quality, it should be fine on the 10/8 also.
While springs rate does make a difference, the main contributor to ride quality is actually the damper valving.
And that is something we look into to ensure the ride quality will be compliant over the uneven UK road surfaces.

So if you want a 8/6 setup, it can be done and well within the tolerance of the damper adjustment range.
However, i would recommend going with the 10/8 just because that is something we have tried, tested, and approved by other members of the community as something that works and works well on the S2000.

Jerrick