UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Cold Day, Sunny and Top Down........

Old 12-08-2001, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Day, Sunny and Top Down........

Well today was the first cold, sunny and crisp day of the winter where I have been able to take the car out for a blast.
I did just under 100 miles with the top down blasting along 'A' and 'B' roads.

If you think you get a lot of looks on a normal trip out in the car, think again. I was amazed at how many people were staring today. One particular junction I was trying to pull out of, other drivers where slowing down to show their passengers. Much pointing was going on. It was a pain as I was waiting to pull away and have some fun.
They either thought we were driving a great car or thought we were mad to have the top down
We saw quite a few soft tops today (no Stooks ), only one (a BMW Z3) had their top down, they appeared to be having as much fun as we were
The heater is incredibly effective. I had the windows rolled up when traveling at speed to help retain the heat. As I am tall the top of my head was a bit cold but I resisted the temptation to don my puffy hat (Cedric will be disappointed ).
I was hoping that top down driving could be as much fun in the winter as in the summer; and it is

AnDy.
Old 12-08-2001, 05:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How Cold is Cold?
Old 12-08-2001, 05:17 AM

Originally posted by Kobe
How Cold is Cold?
According to the official Met Office website, it is 5 degrees C maximum here today.
Old 12-08-2001, 05:46 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
[B]
Old 12-08-2001, 09:06 AM

I simply have to doff my hardtop to you Andy I'll have to take off the lid and get out for some winter top-down motoring before too long...
Old 12-08-2001, 09:10 AM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red
I simply have to doff my hardtop to you Andy I'll have to take off the lid and get out for some winter top-down motoring before too long...
I highly recommend it Tif, those nice crispy winter days don't come along too often.
I forgot to mention, we had a tape of Christmas songs blasting out also
Old 12-08-2001, 09:22 AM

Great stuff Don't mention the Christmas music OT though - they're a right bunch of miserable scrooges

I spent the day cleaning the cars (read making the S2000 not look like it was made of soil ) but tomorrow sounds like a great day to head out to them there hills and find a good place to snap some pic's
Old 12-08-2001, 10:52 AM

I too took the hardtop off and enjoyed some cold, crisp top down motoring with the missus. We have even left the hardtop off in anticipation of a good day tomorrow, this means its on the floor of the dining room, but her indoors suggested it!

Glorious day, and loads of looks, even had a couple of girls in an Maestro pointing at me and giving the thumbs up as I came out of a junction - great feeling.
Also only saw a Z3 and a TVR brave enough, and Andy is right the heater is excellent, though I am disapointed in you having the windows up, no good for the look of the thing, just wear a cap (baseball in my case - a bit cooler looking), I too am 6'2"

Great day - Kiss FM though instead of Christmas music
Old 12-08-2001, 12:22 PM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

It certainly was crisp over the ton!

I was the only one out round here with the top down, apart from a Grinnal Scorpion - but that doesn't have one anyway.

Yeah, a baseball cap is a useful accessory.
Old 12-08-2001, 12:39 PM

My roof was down all day too. It was a bit cold round the neck - but still lovely!

I got many looks too but mostly "that blokes a nutter" ones

Quick Reply: Cold Day, Sunny and Top Down........