UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Corbeau Clubsports - How they have fitted in my S2000

Old 03-25-2015, 11:40 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Lovely write up Rhauri and the seats look fab mate
Old 03-27-2015, 01:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brilliant review - makes me sorely tempted to consider buying these.

It's an added bonus that Corbeau are a British manufacturer as well.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice walkthrough and detailed
Old 03-27-2015, 04:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cheers guys, loving the positive comments!

Old 03-27-2015, 05:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Question:

With the seatbelt being positioned the way it is, does it not strangle you or fit loosely owing to the shape of the seat?

Looks good man.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Rhauri, agree with everyone else. A thorough and useful write up. I have a question though regarding your comment on your requirements prior to buying these seats -

"Recline the seat to a comfortable level"

How can this be done with fixed seats? Is there adjustment in the rails somehow?
Old 03-27-2015, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by mikefifth
With the seatbelt being positioned the way it is, does it not strangle you or fit loosely owing to the shape of the seat?
Not at all, seat belt goes across my shoulder and chest comfortably and is not on my neck.

In terms of the lap belt fitting loosely, it actually doesn't. The side supports are not all that high, and my thighs rise above the sides by at least an inch so I still feel secure.

I am actually looking at a different seat belt clip, though; one that I could route through the side harness such as this: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5419b11187

Originally Posted by japcrap
"Recline the seat to a comfortable level"

How can this be done with fixed seats? Is there adjustment in the rails somehow?
You can set your desired recline level based on which mounting holes you choose on the side mount seat rails. This has to be determined at the setup/fitting stage though of course; but not hard to whip the seats out again and change if you want to.

So if you have a look at the rails pic above, you'll see a choice of holes. At the mo I'm using the lowest hole at the rear, and the second up from bottom on the front. You could incur more recline by staying with the bottom hole at the back and using the third hole up from the front. I did initially try this and found it was a bit of a struggle to get the seat in and maintain the leg room I needed.

Hope that helps!!
Old 04-05-2015, 05:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, Thanks for this thread, its just what I needed as I'm looking to buy the exact seat in xl. In regards to the seating position, how far off the floor is the base of the seat? It's just I'm looking to lower my seat as much as possible as I'm a lanky sod!
And I see that a company called f1 spec do extremely low side mount runners for the s2000, and was wondering if these would lower it even more. But if the base is already on the floor then I guess it would be silly for me to buy them.

Thanks again
Old 04-05-2015, 06:25 AM

Hey mate, you're welcome, was hoping it would help.

There is a little bit of room from the bottom of the floor but prob no more than 15 to 20mm! And the seats & rails do drop you by an inch.

As mentioned above I'm currently experimenting with different seat foams to reduce the sitting-height but not found the right level of firmness / height yet. I should get an overall drop of 2" I reckon.

Would be interesting to know more about those seat rails though - do they have a website?
Old 04-05-2015, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah okay, so maybe the seat could be lowered that little bit more, but I do like the sound of different seat foam, that would probably be an easier way to do it.

Yes they do have a website, but I saw them on a thread on this site.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/655...mounted-seats/

You should be able to see the lower brackets at the end of his post.
Give the chap a message he's helpful and will quote for a delivery to the UK.

Do you think the m2 rails could be re-drilled on the side mounts to get the seat sitting right on the floor to take up a that gap?

Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Corbeau Clubsports - How they have fitted in my S2000