UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Time to Store or Sell?

Old 03-07-2018, 04:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Time to Store or Sell?

Haven't used to forum too much but a quick little recap.

I'm now in my 5th year of ownership of my 2005 S2000 GT. Have been working abroad for almost a decade and came home to the UK buy it then brought it back over here (Spain & Gibraltar) and swapped the plates over (thank god for flat beam headlights).

Anywhoo ive been using it as a daily driver since, 20 miles a day to and from work and if i go to my girlfriends in Marbella it's a 60 mile round trip, it's always flew through MOT's, the only issues ive had during my time with it was a replacement cat (went aftermarket after seeing the OEM price), a rear shock went a couple of years ago so both were replaced and i swapped over the TCT to a Ballade Sports one toward the end of last year when it started ticking. So happy motoring over all.

But i am starting to getting the itch, a focus rs itch or just something i can at least stretch my 6ft 3 frame out in as the lack of space does take it's toll, especially as most of my miles are motorway ones and 4k revs just to do the national speed limit also gets tiresome as well as noisy.

I've been watching prices rise slightly over the last year or so, mines FSH, 105k miles and completely standard. RHD cars arent worth so much out here but then a car like the S2000 is because of the obvious weather benefits, and those gibbos sure love their Hondas. Would cost me around £600 to send home to the UK on a trailer, plus flights and then faffing around re-registering it. So i'm left wondering what to do, sell it, send it home for someone to enjoy, or perhaps put it away and have some of the niggles done like my rocker cover re-painted and some tiny touch ups and sit on it as an investment.

I realise its an each to their own, just looking for some opnions or how they see the market.

TIA

Old 03-07-2018, 05:02 AM

Received 622 Likes on 544 Posts

I would flog it there if you can?

At 105k I doubt it'll appreciate to the point it's worth storing
Old 03-07-2018, 07:26 AM

Reckon only the low/super low milers have got any legs in them?
Old 03-07-2018, 07:47 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by davers
Reckon only the low/super low milers have got any legs in them?
Yes, probably (I hope so at 18k miles here)

I'm pretty sure they are worth more on the continent than they are here, though.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

how much you want for it? I would keep it tho...i kept my s2000 stored back home and bought second one while i work in europe. Kind of the opposite of your problem...
Old 03-07-2018, 10:19 AM

Received 622 Likes on 544 Posts

I reckon you'd miss it. What's it worth over there? Is it c£8k here? I don't really know but it looks tidy

Could you put it away for a few months, drive the new thing and decide?
Old 03-07-2018, 11:14 PM

Well im looking around the 8 mark, someone offered me 7 not too long ago that i considered but he was a tyre kicker.

@Nottm_S2 Yeah there's probably some truth in that, between May and October it pretty much doesn't rain, and some of the Spanish roads and mountain ones are unbelievable, there a literally dozens on my doorstep that would trounce some of the ones you see on Grand Tour/Top Gear. The car has 18months left on its MOT so yeah guess i could have both for a while and see.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id been interested if the car was in the uk
Old 03-08-2018, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice looking car. Shame it’s not the in the uk for sale! Good luck with whatever you choose
Old 03-08-2018, 01:31 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

All, please note that only paying members can buy and sell on this forum, thanks.

Quick Reply: Time to Store or Sell?