S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Dead S2000 Nightmare! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/dead-s2000-nightmare-31325/)

Turtle 10-11-2001 11:39 PM

Dead S2000 Nightmare!

Argh!

The battery has died on my S2k.

Had the alarm go off for 30 mins (at 12:30am of course...)

No power, couldn't start or disarm the immobiliser....

Wait 1hour 20 mins for the first AA man.

Couldn't do anything. Told to try again in the morning.... so I'm waiting again now!

They don't think they can tow it off the drive either....

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Argh! :(

-Brain.

ianl 10-11-2001 11:44 PM

Bad news Brian! (but you had probably worked that out yourself!:rolleyes: )

I remember reading some other thread on dead batteries - 2 main causes - a dodgy batch installed by honda and alarms drawing constantly on the battery and causing a progressive degradation?

Hope you are soon with power

UKjasonm 10-11-2001 11:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bmarshall
[B]Argh!

The battery has died on my S2k.

Had the alarm go off for 30 mins (at 12:30am of course...)

No power, couldn't start or disarm the immobiliser....

Wait 1hour 20 mins for the first AA man.

Couldn't do anything. Told to try again in the morning.... so I'm waiting again now!

They don't think they can tow it off the drive either....

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tifosi Red 10-11-2001 11:46 PM

That sucks Brian. I thought they would have had this battery problem beat by now.

On a serious note, check your indicators to see if they have been tampered with, you used to be able to defeat car alarms by shorting out the indicators and draining the battery - Cat 1 alarms should use fused leads to prevent this but you never know...

Turtle 10-12-2001 12:51 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check the indicators. The nearest Honda dealer won't send anyone out until the AA has said they can't move it!

And the AA mans delayed....

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The rest of the cars security has seperate batteries good for at least 2 days - so the car's going nowhere.

When I know what's happened I'll post. Doesn't help with the Job interview I was due at this morning.... :(

-Brian.

Tonky 10-12-2001 01:26 AM

Brian:

Bummer!:( Had the car been standing any length of time for this to happen? I've noticed in other threads that that is often the case.

Turtle 10-12-2001 01:59 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
[B]Brian:

Bummer!:(

Tonky 10-12-2001 02:09 AM

Brian:

Have you got the Honda Cat1 then? I have. Fortunately my car is rolling every day. It seems like some sort of trickle charge device might be the answer to this. rolleyes:

Turtle 10-12-2001 05:25 AM

The whole security package on the car is supposed to be fine for 3-4 weeks. The car did ~300 miles in the 3 days before the 4 day break. It's also done a week rested before.

I can't trickle charge - the S2k doesn't fit in the garage.n It should be needed for this length of time anyway! If it was a weekend only car, then I could see the need, but the S2k is my daily transport.

Anyway after a lot of faffying it got to the local Honda dealer on the back of an AA flatbed at about 12:30pm.

See what they say....

:mad::rolleyes:

Looks like if I'm lucky I'll pick the car up on Monday - my Birthday. Not exactly what I had planned :(

-Brian.

AnDy_PaNdY 10-12-2001 09:57 AM

I had this problem also, it was dodgy battery syndrome.
There seems to be a lot of these floating about and its a real pain when you get stranded.
I had a replacement battery fitted under warranty and my front wing resprayed where the AA damaged it.
Hope you have less hassle than I did, Brian.:(