UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Deceleration buzz - new fix - ALL MODEL YEARS!

Old 12-07-2001, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deceleration buzz - new fix - ALL MODEL YEARS!

new US TSB

If anyone is unhappy with their transmission noise on deceleration please check out the above link and new TSB. This even applies to those who've already had the "fixed" clutch fitted.
Old 12-07-2001, 05:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when I first got the car - I was a bit shocked how rough the whole transmission/clutch thing was in the noise department. Now I'm used to it I don't really notice or care - but now I never know if mine is OK or is doing one of the listed "noises". Is the buzz coming after so many km's or months?
Old 12-07-2001, 05:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it is good that this has been posted as a topic in its own right - thanks Tif.

I must admit that I only started listening for the noise after reading posts on the US boards and then it took a while to discern it from the general cacophony of noises the car makes

Be aware that this is currently news to Honda UK - I had Geo Collins Honda look at my car yesterday, they are pretty switched on as far as S2000's are concerned and had not heard of the 27/11/01 TSB - I gave them a copy which they faxed, with a covering note asking for permission to do the work, to Honda UK. The new part No's quoted on the TSN are not yet coming up on their system, so a little patience is called for chaps.
Old 12-07-2001, 05:51 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kobe
[B]when I first got the car - I was a bit shocked how rough the whole transmission/clutch thing was in the noise department.
Old 12-07-2001, 06:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tifosi Red
[B]new US TSB
Old 12-07-2001, 06:32 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]

Brilliant!

I've printed off the TSB and I'm going to present it to my dealer to see the reaction
Old 12-07-2001, 06:40 AM

That kind of attitude infuriates me!! I truly thought Honda were better than oo, let me see..... Fiat (the Devil's own rectum of customer service) but this reponse by your dealer makes me see red.

My response would be to go elsewhere and never show them a penny of my hard earned again. Honestly, we all know this problem exists - how many S2000s has this guy driven?? And to say US cars are a different spec, OK sure but do Honda R&D a new transmission for each market You tell me....

Sorry to vent but really.......
Old 12-07-2001, 06:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MattRS
[B]

Pete,

Just phoned Tom at JT Hughes in Shrewsbury and faxed it to him while on the call - got a pretty crap response to be honest.... Such as 'Don't believe everything you read on the internet'...... 'US cars are a different spec, so it will be something only relevant to them'........
Old 12-07-2001, 07:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MattRS
[B]
and the usual attitude of 'We're Honda, so I think we know better than a group of people chatting on the Internet...'
Old 12-07-2001, 07:53 AM

Matt, get yourself off the Brindley Honda in Cannock, you should get a much better response from them.

Quick Reply: Deceleration buzz - new fix - ALL MODEL YEARS!