UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Deceleration buzz - new fix - ALL MODEL YEARS!

Old 12-08-2001, 09:56 AM
ian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by PWE 896

Ian,

Do you work at a Honda dealers then?

Pete

Yes, 17 yrs as tech, last 3 as service controller.
Only bought S2k in Oct, can't wait for summer!.

Oh! by the way don't really do foreigners as company gets the p-ss
and I wouldn't get to enjoy car.

ian
Old 12-09-2001, 01:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ian
[B]
Old 12-09-2001, 03:44 AM
ian

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]

So, Ian, if my dealer is as unhelpful to me as he was to Matt, can Matt and I tell him we know of a dealership in Bristol
Old 12-09-2001, 03:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ian

No you tell them.
They can contact Huk tech dept who are aware of the issue if they don't believe you.

Ian
Excellent. I'll do it 2morrow. Thanks very much

Isn't this forum great!!

Pete
Old 12-09-2001, 03:58 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]

Excellent. I'll do it 2morrow. Thanks very much

Isn't this forum great!!
Old 12-10-2001, 02:45 AM

Ian,

You're going to end up with demi-God status if you're not careful

... and a very busy Honda workshop ...
Old 12-10-2001, 03:47 AM

Gordon Lamb phoned me this morning advising of new clutch. Its booked in for next Monday along with 2 new front wheels. Old ones seriously marked through brake dust.
Old 12-10-2001, 05:13 AM

Ian,

Good news that we have somebody posting that experiences S2000 issues from the other side so to speak. You may indeed be able to advise on my ongoing saga with Honda UK & the dealership located to the West of your own in Cardiff.

My MY2000 S2K has to date, 3 new clutches, 2 new gearboxes and a replacement steering rack. Yet despite these changes my S2K still has annoying buzzing and even more annoying a very obstructive 2nd-3rd and 3rd-2nd gearchange (Foot flat to foor on clutch but still a noticable & audible "clonk" when engaging gear) with 5th-6th being particularly bad when cold. Double de-clutching fails to help either. Last g'box went back with 3rd gear inoperable.

Steering rack replaced as a result of creaking & grinding sensation when turning as well as a tendancy for assistance to fluctuate massivley mid bend (not understeer).

Anyway, latest work was complete 2 weeks ago. To date I have had not one telephone call to check on the quality of the work from the dealer or Honda UK. My last correspondence with Honda UK just prior to last work stated that they would discuss suitable compensation with me once problems resolved.

Does anybody feel I have grounds for rejecting vehicle? I believe consumer laws are tightening up from Jan 2002 but as I have done 40k miles is it a bit too late?

My TVR Chimeara spent less time at the dealers with fewer problems.

Sorry to vent but I have had just about enough of Honda UK & my dealer.

BTY Ian I only live just accross the bridge so may push my business to you guys in Bristol.
Old 12-10-2001, 06:06 AM

It is really hard to reject vehicles that are more than say about 7 moths old. I used to own a Fiat coupe 20v turbo. I purchased it as a demonstrator 1 month old with 1000 miles on the clock, in about 15 months I ended up having 4 engines in it and a couple of clutches. Way back when the 1st couple of engines were put in I completed the coupon in Autoexpresses watchdog section. They wrote back and told me to reject the car. I didnt and when the next engine went I contacted them and asked for help. They put pressure on Fiat and eventually got them to take the car back pay off the HP ( which was higher than the car was worth ) and get them to refund my initial deposit of some
Old 12-10-2001, 06:16 AM

Colin,

Thanks for the info.

Does anybody know if I reject the car with the dealer or if I reject it direct with Honda UK?

Have a feeling that either way its going to be a protracted process and I will probably end up selling the car before its resolved.

Guess I need maximum publicity......any news editors short of a story out there??

Oh & I've just found the spell checker.....pity it doesn't do grammar!

Quick Reply: Deceleration buzz - new fix - ALL MODEL YEARS!