UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Digital Radio

Old 08-07-2007, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Radio

Can anyone recommend a good quality DAB/FM RDS radio/CD headend unit that will work with the S's remote volume/mute/channel controls?

Thanks,
Trev.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:15 PM

I use a Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB 54 which matches your requirements exactly

No doubt there will be other alternatives too - quite a few people have Alpine units so I'm sure they'll be along shortly...
Old 08-07-2007, 10:57 PM

Alex,
Thanks for the suggestion.

Trev.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:06 PM

Check the faq for details on units that allow you to keep the dash button. Modifry is the best available IMO
Old 08-08-2007, 12:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the Woodstock DAB54 and also found it excellent. See the link in my sig below for details of a dash interface that will work your Blaupunkt from the dash controls.

See details of my setup here ...
Old 08-08-2007, 12:43 AM

Do you find that the DAB ok in the car? - I've always steered clear because I thought that the signal might pop in and out more than usual FM/AM signals. I've got no point of reference though because I don't know anyone with one!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by H!cks,Aug 8 2007, 09:43 AM
Do you find that the DAB ok in the car? - I've always steered clear because I thought that the signal might pop in and out more than usual FM/AM signals. I've got no point of reference though because I don't know anyone with one!
Depends entirely on what sort of coverage there is in your area. The signal is either all or nothing, and you get to learn where the blackspots are locally. As for quality, it's appreciably better than FM.

Google DAB coverage and you should be able find out what it's like in your area.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:40 AM

The choice of music out there on DAB is excellent, and for that reason I put up with a few pockets here and there. Generally the signal is good, although I noticed there wasn't any on Arran this weekend

Shiskine: I'm having problems with my Woodstock at the moment - mp3s on a memory card on MIX MMC seems to play the first second of one track and then skip to another - almost as if it's picking two songs at random each time (if that makes sense). Do you get this?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:53 AM

[QUOTE=alex.stanley,Aug 8 2007, 10:40 AM] Shiskine: I'm having problems with my Woodstock at the moment - mp3s on a memory card on MIX MMC seems to play the first second of one track and then skip to another - almost as if it's picking two songs at random each time (if that makes sense).
Old 08-08-2007, 02:54 AM

Filesystem on the cards is sorted now (thankfully!). Was a bit of an ordeal getting it to work properly but I think that's a Mac issue than anything (yes, it can happen occasionally!).

Not sure what this is all about really, but I've noticed if I use my iPod with the Woodstock that the same thing will happen too.

Basically the song gets to the end of the track so the Woodstock picks another track, plays it for a beat or two and then picks another track again! Wierd.

Perhaps I'll give Blaupunkt a call and see what they say.

Quick Reply: Digital Radio