UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Does anybody have a greddy se around guildford ?

Old 02-26-2014, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody have a greddy se around guildford ?

Hey guys I really like the look of the greddy dual spectrum elite. I went to a few shows last year and couldn't find anybody with one. so im hoping there is somebody in the local area or going to japfest with one so I could have a listen.

Cheers Ryan
Old 02-26-2014, 06:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its sounds good and isn't crazy loud, but it DRONES big time, between 3-4000ish rpm which makes it seem loud. I had one and the drone would get REALLY annoying and make the inside of my head rattle around. Just run a search through google with s2ki and greddy SE drone.

It is hard to find a non droning quiet exhaust I found, especially if you want a twin. I'm looking at the Milltek exhaust this time around as this is meant to have zero drone.

Putting a decat from a sports cat helped shift it back a bit, sound deadening also helped a little, but I was about to replace it and get a custom twinloop made before I decided to sell the last car.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My old HKS droned, as did my Amuse. Like you say, they all seem to want to drone
Old 02-26-2014, 08:31 AM

I have one but I'm in Northamptonshire...

I love the sound but when its really warm it does drone a little. I don't know a system that doesn't though if you want one thats audible above the OEM noise levels.

Its quiet compared to my old Buddy Club Pro Spec III though
Old 02-28-2014, 02:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the reply guys, im reading mixed opinions on line to if its louder than the oem can anybody clarify how much louder than stock they found it ? thanks and is go tuning the best place to purchase this from ? or is there any uk based or second hand ones that anyone can point me in s better direction of ?

thanks ryan
Old 02-28-2014, 03:21 AM

Go Tuning were very good. Yes it is louder than stock, by a good amount. Nothing silly, just adds the right amount of beef and most certainly you will notice the difference.

At track days it was testing at 86 static test at 6000 rpm constant throttle. When I fitted a decat it went to 96 on the same test.

Hope that helps
Old 02-28-2014, 03:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oem doesnt seem to make any noise at all, so in comparison, its a lot louder.
Im thinking of moving on from mine, its even louder with a supercharger, im looking to ggo back to oem. In need of some peace and quiet
Old 02-28-2014, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jayboy83
Oem doesnt seem to make any noise at all, so in comparison, its a lot louder.
Im thinking of moving on from mine, its even louder with a supercharger, im looking to ggo back to oem. In need of some peace and quiet
Yes without a charger it was about right, but I still didn't like the drone. With the charger and fitting a silenced decat it was a bit much for me also.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you find something quieter? Or go back to stock exhaust? When im driving it hard i enjoy the sound, its as soon as im cruising at low speeds its too much.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jayboy83
Did you find something quieter? Or go back to stock exhaust? When im driving it hard i enjoy the sound, its as soon as im cruising at low speeds its too much.
I sold the car before I got around to it. I found a few places that were going to make me a custom twinloop for about £900 so I was going to go that route...

Quick Reply: Does anybody have a greddy se around guildford ?