UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Suspension Bushes ADVICE

Old 10-04-2017, 05:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Suspension Bushes ADVICE

Over winter I am planning to change out all my suspension bushes. MY05 is standard and I want to keep it that way. I want the bushes to be as OEM as possible.

From my research I have read that Poly bushes require re greasing or can be noisy. I want to fit and forget and only want to do this job once. There's two brands which stick out which are Spoon and Mugen, does any one have either fitted? and what are your thoughts?

I drive on the road and don't track, so want something thats not for track use and won't be really harsh on the UKs roads. So OEM as possible but aftermarket bushes.

Any advice which to go for, tips and thoughts are all welcome.

thanks.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:17 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I have some Mugen ( the compliance ones) and some polybush ( Powerflex ) that have been in a few years and I've not had a squeak from them - I must have greased them properly when fitted them or something as I didn't put the grease nipples or spiral cuts that others feel the need for. I have no idea if they've started to deform yet either but planning on getting a visual inspection at the next geo just to make sure they're OK
Old 10-04-2017, 01:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be looking at HardRace when I come to do mine... Appear to have the same design as OEM, and not crazy expensive, as I imagine Spoon/Mugen will be... I haven't looked into it properly yet, just food for thought!
Old 10-05-2017, 03:02 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

HardRace, Mugen and Spoon they all have oem style rubber bushings, I think they are actually pretty close on price as well.
I would just go with the cheapest, doubt you would find any difference between them.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:19 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Have Mugen ones on all lower arms and they seem very close to stock, will do the uppers someday. Not sure of the price vs Hardrace but fit perfect, got mine from Si at Hendy.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
I have some Mugen ( the compliance ones) and some polybush ( Powerflex ) that have been in a few years and I've not had a squeak from them - I must have greased them properly when fitted them or something as I didn't put the grease nipples or spiral cuts that others feel the need for. I have no idea if they've started to deform yet either but planning on getting a visual inspection at the next geo just to make sure they're OK
Thats good to know, I have looked at a complete Spoon kit but it's quite expensive. So may go down the polybush route. How many miles have you had your polybush on for? How much harsher are they compared to when it was OEM? Thanks
Old 10-06-2017, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Irish TuneR
Have Mugen ones on all lower arms and they seem very close to stock, will do the uppers someday. Not sure of the price vs Hardrace but fit perfect, got mine from Si at Hendy.

Was it worth the extra ££ paying for mugen compared to polybush in your opinion? Thanks
Old 10-09-2017, 12:23 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Coaks7
Was it worth the extra ££ paying for mugen compared to polybush in your opinion? Thanks
Well i dont have to worry about them until they start to fail, but even if the polys squeak a regrease of bolts will probably be needed so not much extra work if you do go that way. See if you can get a spin in a fully polybushed one at a meet, best way to do it imo.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:54 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Coaks7
Thats good to know, I have looked at a complete Spoon kit but it's quite expensive. So may go down the polybush route. How many miles have you had your polybush on for? How much harsher are they compared to when it was OEM? Thanks
3 years at a guess but probably only about 10K miles, not harsher but I haven't done all of them. It did seem to tame some of the rear end but that could have easily been seized geometry getting adjusted correctly rather than anything to do with bushes, so can't draw any conclusions on bonded rubber vs polyurethane.