Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > International Communities > UK & Ireland S2000 Community
Reload this Page >

Driving in Europe after Brexit - Euromeet attendees might want to read

UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Driving in Europe after Brexit - Euromeet attendees might want to read

Old 01-17-2019, 04:13 AM
Community Organizer
Thread Starter
andy2000's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Guildford
Posts: 6,304
Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default Driving in Europe after Brexit - Euromeet attendees might want to read

Posting link below for info, not just for Euromeet attendees but also anyone planning a hoon over the Channel this year.

Whilst the expectation is that your current foreign use terms may still apply this has to be ratified by the EU to be binding. I suspect a bit of BBC scare mongering here but worthy of consideration, particularly as there may be a lot of people affected.
Underwriters where I work fully expect ratification before 29th March but you can never be certain.

Might be worth checking with your insurance company as to what contingency plans they are making.

I certainly wont be letting Brexit spoil my enjoyment of some of those great European roads......

Last edited by andy2000; 01-17-2019 at 04:16 AM.
andy2000 is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 05:27 AM
RevRanger's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North East
Posts: 5,379
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Might have to walk! The French don't mind everyman and his dog walking through their country!!!! ooooo topical!
RevRanger is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 07:20 AM
Nick Graves's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Hertford
Posts: 30,876
Likes: 0
Liked 19 Times in 19 Posts

Looks like an advertorial to me.

They've not mentioned Certificates of Conformity, which is an area of unclarity - My S2000 has a Belgian one, so it is still certificated for road use over there. Dunno about other cars...
Nick Graves is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 09:33 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: South Yorkshire
Posts: 16
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Both of my current policy documents have the following working as a footnote;
The wording below is in place of an international Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) and only provides cover to the minimum extent required by the law of these countries.
This insurance applies in respect of accidents or losses occurring in all member countries of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Norway, Serbia and Switzerland.

Looks like I'll try and get a green card & international driving permit asap then.
SedgeTheLEdge is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 11:25 AM
richmc's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Costa del Cornwall
Posts: 7,871
Liked 42 Times in 41 Posts

Pre EU all you needed was a green card, no problem. Post EU I guess much the same, unless they don't want/need tourism anymore.
richmc is offline  
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
S2000 Vintage Owners
03-21-2013 01:47 PM
Car Talk - Non S2000
01-21-2011 02:42 AM
UK & Ireland S2000 Community
07-15-2010 11:23 AM
S2000 Vintage Owners
12-20-2007 05:59 PM

Quick Reply: Driving in Europe after Brexit - Euromeet attendees might want to read

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands