UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

a Duck-y escape !!!

Old 07-04-2001, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a Duck-y escape !!!

A little story for you all.

I was driving home like I usually do each night, top down music blasting... cruising along the country lanes, when In the distance I saw some movement and a slight rustle on the grass verge up ahead.

AND THEN I SAW IT... a Duck with at least TEN little chicks started to waddle across the road in front of me.... !!
I was travelling at about 80.. I don't know how I stopped in time, I really don't.... The funny thing was I stopped literally inches in front of them and they just carried on waddling across like nothing had happened... I had visions of crispy duck being plucked from my grills !

Just when I thought it was over the real frightener came when another car was appproaching from the other direction just as the ducks were past my side of the road... It was so vivid... I even saw the womans facial expression as she swerved to miss them and NARROWLY missed colliding with me !!

Luckily no harm was done and I drove away with a slight shakey gear change and a sweaty brow !!..... I dread to think what would have happened if I hadn't stopped in time....

jonathan
Old 07-04-2001, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sage and Onion Stuffing?

ROFL. How about this. Till a few years ago I was in a shooting syndicate in Powys. Pheasant, duck,teal, woodcock etc. The odd rabbit. At the end of the days shooting we'd all come off the shoot car park in convoy heading for the final call.. the pub of course !! Often the odd pheasant would wander out of cover into the road and we'd all pile on the brakes. Really curious automatic
reaction when you consider we'd all been shooting 'em most of the day:

Check the end of your no. plate thread.