UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

eBay exhaust question.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay exhaust question.

Afternoon peeps.

Looking at cheaper alternatives for a stainless exhaust until I can afford more. I've seen these ones on eBay and would like to know, has anyone on here bought one? It seems that they sell on a regular basis, so my guess is, at some point, somebody here will have bought one. If you have, what do you think of it once fitted. And could you get a video clip of it posted?

Chad.

Mod comment:

No E-Bay links please
Old 07-01-2010, 04:30 AM

excellent - 15hp improvement

id personally expect it to drone terribly...
Old 07-01-2010, 04:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spend money in order to wait to be able to afford more... that's a good one.

Why not just leave the standard one and then save for a stainless one, surely you'll be able to afford it sooner?!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks very similar to this one:

Japspeed AP1 Catback

I know that the seller on e-bay sells the japspeed decats and a few people on the forum have those and are happy with them. There are some slight differences in the exhausts like the welding on the silencers and the rolled pipes on the e-bay one compared to slash cut ones on the Japspeed one and about £100 in the price but you never know...unless they copied it?

From experience, most people on here go for proven brands such as Invidia, J's, HKS, Amuse, GReddy etc but like you have said, its all about price and most systems are pretty pricy for the S2000 compared to other cars.

I love how constructive some people can be at times...not everyone who owns an S2000 is made of money
Old 07-01-2010, 04:43 AM

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Spykee,Jul 1 2010, 01:37 PM
I love how constructive some people can be at times...not everyone who owns an S2000 is made of money
Old 07-01-2010, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Spykee,Jul 1 2010, 01:37 PM
which is exactly why i havent modded mine.

i dont feel the need to mod the S, but cheap exhaust systems tend to have that boy-racer noise about them and drone. been there, done it (not on the S).

maybe look into the GarageR exhaust system; cheaper than most, but at an affordable price.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Spykee,Jul 1 2010, 01:37 PM]
Old 07-01-2010, 04:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well there are those who like to mod the S or just need a replacement exhaust and when these cars can now be had for as little as £5k these sort of questions are going to start appearing more often...

I won't put sh*t on my car but its up to others if they want to give something a try...

Generally its how you say something now what is said.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:13 AM

Well that was usefull. I merely asked if anyone had used them. My reasoning is my business and it's my money to spend how I see fit. You haven't fitted one so why the stupid comments? I simply wanted feedback from anyone who's bought one of the exhausts. I got the same thing on a bike forum (I also own a bike with vtec ) when I asked about a custom made system that nobody had ever heard of. But because they were cheap I had the same nonsense responses. I bought one made with carbon cans and it's just as good and in some cases better than similar systems costing 4 times the price. It's been on the bike for 2 years and is still in perfect condition and sounds beautiful.

Chad.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:19 AM

we're just giving opinions. in my case, of past experience with cheap 'inferior' products/exhausts.
it's not about quality or anything like that; it's about drive-ability.

Quick Reply: eBay exhaust question.