UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

eBay exhaust question.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the recent reviews I've read is this one, however is not the same exhaust as the one you've posted.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=790401

Furthermore, I don't know if they mention anything related to your exhaust, but there is plenty to read in this topic as well.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=769444

Good luck with your final decision.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think generally, cheap exhausts tend to be exactly that.. cheap. But thats not to say they are all crap. I understand the comments about it being pointless buying a cheap one if you are saving up for a decent one, unless your OE one is hanging off!

I was very impressed with the standard exhaust and never felt the need to change it. My S was 10 years old and still on the original as they are stainless and extremely well made, if rather heavy!

I put a cheap can on my first bike, 600 Hornet and it used to catch the rear hugger on some bumps. Didnt make that mistake again, had an Akrapovic on the Blade which was very high quality and sounded just right. As the saying goes, 'You pays your money etc'
Old 07-01-2010, 07:32 AM

the 350z forum has cancelled japspeed as a trader due to the continued poor fitment and after sales service.

the most recent comment was " its not the exhaust thats wonky but the bumper exits haven't been put in properly"

that was on an OEM bumper from the factory.

i have used cheap parts before and still do, but i'm finding with exhausts that the quality can suffer.

whats your budget? is it for a repair/replacement, or a noise replacement. if there is something that you like i might be able to help you get it over from the states with minimal costs etc. a good option in the UK would be the garage R system. its tried and tested, and good quality. and also doesn't drone like a biatch
Old 07-01-2010, 07:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have seen that exhaust in the flesh and heard it, about 18month ago a chap on here had one from the north east 'Steve Pearson' (don't think he has an S2000 anymore).

It wasn't quite square on the back, stuck out a bit too much and boom'd/droned a bit.

For the price i guess its okay, but i wouldn't have one.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:53 AM

As has been said on here a few times the Garage R exhaust is very good, great looks, great sound and only a couple of hundred quid more than what you want from ebay, also tried and tested and i am well pleased with mine
Old 05-08-2014, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where can you buy these Garage R exhausts from?
Old 05-08-2014, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by N777CK T
Where can you buy these Garage R exhausts from?
This thread was from 2010! I don't think Garage R exists as a company anymore. Might be able to find a second hand one? Highly unlikely though.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:14 PM

I was looking at exhausts recently. I saw Westy's miltek at the ace cafe and it sounded really nice, although at just over £900 it's quite expensive. Then whilst following DanBeS2k for a bit of a spirited drive, I was amazed at how nice the "exhaust mod" sounded.

It's has a really nice note when driving around normally, not loud, just "sportier" and when you start pushing the car it sounds amazing. And if you do it yourself all you really need is a few quid for the length of pipe. Otherwise it seems that the going rate for a shop to do this is between £100-£150

The only thing I've known from people buying cheaper items from ebay is that most of the time it either dosnt fit well or breaks/cracks ect but you won't really know until it arrives.

I would say a better alternative would be the bypass pipe then save up or whatever for something CRAZY like a complete j's system
Old 05-08-2014, 11:18 PM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

There were some odd forum rules back then - no "what I paid" prices and no eBay links. I'm waiting on my standard one to fail in some way before I do anything exhausty - I think getting the UK mod done would proabably cause one or more of the hangers to let go in the process of removal and refitting so just leaving it be for the moment - then Miltek when it does go
Old 05-09-2014, 12:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
There were some odd forum rules back then - no "what I paid" prices and no eBay links. I'm waiting on my standard one to fail in some way before I do anything exhausty - I think getting the UK mod done would proabably cause one or more of the hangers to let go in the process of removal and refitting so just leaving it be for the moment - then Miltek when it does go
How bad can your exhaust be? Mine is still going strong after 118k on the car, a few hundered miles on Mikes car and its off an 02 plate. I've always thought the OEM exhaust would outlive most well preserved fossils!

Quick Reply: eBay exhaust question.