UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust choice...

Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I've the BC Prospec III, lovely at high revs but can get a bit annoying on the motorway. No real bhp increase, maybe a slight throttle feel with the decat. It does save weight though, i cant remember how much as its written down at home but maybe over half the OEM one.

Here's a vid (with a K&N intake) of it passing the pitlane.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8t-DmjIMT0[/media]
Old 01-08-2014, 06:09 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Great stuff. I have to say I took mine to a mate working at a garage to get it fitted, as it would have been a pain on the driveway. Guy did comment it was one of the easiest to fit and went on easier than some OEM exhausts with a perfect fit first time. No bracket bending required.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Grant.
Awesome, hopefully it'll be here first thing, and I can get the car in the air and get it on! Just a few bolts?
5 hangers that are easy to remove.

4 bolts for the anti roll bar (sway bar thing) under the car.

For me it was just the two bolts that attached the cat to the manifold.

I had the old exhaust off and the skunk2 fitted in around 3-4 hours. I am certainly no mechanic!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:32 AM

I am very tempted to sell my skunk and go single exit though at the moment.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:24 AM

Have to say I am a big fan of the dual exit. Like the symmetry of the rear then. But to each their own!

And as for fitting, with the aid of having the car up in the air on ramps, it was all done in about 45min. Only change was that the back box oem has a double hanger either side, and skunk only a single. So you can either buy some single rubber mounts, or just do what I did and used the "Tri-rubber hanger" and use the outside of the 2 lower ones. That way it pulls it all in nicely.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your going to buy one buy a proper jap make I odnt think any of them will be bad, like a skunk 2 as you mention. In terms of power single exit will see bigger gains but is louder. Although mosat of them have a silencer you can fit which does make a difference (i have an Apexi N1 and there is a big difference between silenced and un-silenced. Some people say double looks better.

Personally i prefer the look of a single but then its doing something with the empty side....Ill post a pic later of what i did as I dont have flickr/facebook access in work for the pic..
Old 01-10-2014, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by J1mmys
If your going to buy one buy a proper jap make I odnt think any of them will be bad, like a skunk 2 as you mention. In terms of power single exit will see bigger gains but is louder. Although mosat of them have a silencer you can fit which does make a difference (i have an Apexi N1 and there is a big difference between silenced and un-silenced. Some people say double looks better.

Personally i prefer the look of a single but then its doing something with the empty side....Ill post a pic later of what i did as I dont have flickr/facebook access in work for the pic..

Single exit does generally tend to yield more power, however not all are louder!

As for the single exit that is unused you can get a blank for it, chillicoke for facelift of I have noticed deft motion do one in the states for ap1.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers for the replies all!

fitted it yesterday, and what a doddle. Had the car in the air (and put onto axle stands), old exhaust off and new one on in a little over an hour. Really impressed with the noise, although the missus is not too happy haha! Fots really well as well, previous exhausts I have fitted have never seemed to sit right.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:28 AM

Excellent!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:44 AM

Great stuff! Fitted my decat to the skunk2 over the weekend. Oh my goodness. The noise is just awesome! Especially at WOT!!! Not much different at low RPM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust choice...