UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

fao Minvo re Norfolk supermeet spring 2018

Old 09-25-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts
Default fao Minvo re Norfolk supermeet spring 2018

Just had another re-connection with the S2000 driving experience

Needed some interpretation of the standard Honda maintenance worksheet so I decided to collect my parts from Ling Honda in person. A47 eastwards from home and A140 :yawn: but then most excellent cross country route Tasburgh-Hempnall-Alburgh. Ling Honda are the main dealer hereabouts for Honda bikes and it was a pleasure to talk to them. Down to earth and in tune with people fixing their own machines not acting the big hoighty toighty like most car dealers.

Rather than reverse the route home from Harleston I decided to go west on the main road through Diss - where I went to school(s) as a kid - then another superb driving road the B road from Diss via Shelfanger-Winfarthing-Old Buckenham to Attleborough (a minor traffic jam) connecting via Besthorpe with my daily run from Wymondham College (when I worked there) to home, except I came past the Barnham Broom golf club on a twisty across the very young river Yare and I was still grinning when I got home. Just working the gearbox, clutch and brakes and lines through corners, re-learning how to give the inputs to this super driving car.

Must be the most expensive crush washer for a coolant swap ever
Old 09-25-2017, 02:43 PM

Received 343 Likes on 320 Posts

Use it a fair bit also,B1134 Station road route can be fun also
Old 09-26-2017, 02:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know those roads well arsie,
Based on my experiences though I have found C J Ball to be a better dealer for motorcycles and Holden Honda better for cars.

but speak as you find
Old 09-27-2017, 10:31 PM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by arsie
Rather than reverse the route home from Harleston I decided to go west on the main road through Diss - where I went to school(s) as a kid - then another superb driving road the B road from Diss via Shelfanger-Winfarthing-Old Buckenham to Attleborough (a minor traffic jam) connecting via Besthorpe with my daily run from Wymondham College (when I worked there) to home, except I came past the Barnham Broom golf club on a twisty across the very young river Yare and I was still grinning when I got home. Just working the gearbox, clutch and brakes and lines through corners, re-learning how to give the inputs to this super driving car.
Unfortunately I have already promised everyone a drive up to the North Norfolk Coast, I agree the roads you mention are great - my mother lives in Alburgh so I get to drive the roads through Hempnall a lot (especially when I lived there!).
Also the route through to Old Buckenham was done on the Norfolk Meet last year so that would be too soon to do it again,.

The route for MM16 has already been planned but I have not tested it yet. I might need to expand it slightly or even cut some if it's too long. Part of the route does touch Newton Flotman but this is the closest I get to Tasburgh and Hempnall as I head towards Wymondham through Flordon,

Steve