UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Finally got it.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got it.

So after travelling down to London from Glasgow and coming back empty handed last week, I went down again yesterday and drove up with my new car

My impressions so far on the 410 mile journey,

(Based on driving various B18 and H22 powered cars)

Performance: Impressive, certainly a quick car with good power delivery throughout the gears. The 6th gear is a godsend on the motorway. The VTEC crossover is very smooth which I was not used to coming from an ITR.

Handling: Didn't really get a chance to test the handling too much as I was stuck in London traffic for the first 2 hours and then motorway driving after that. It seems sharp enough but will report back when I have tested it.

Comfort: Very comfortable on the motorway, as already said the 6th gear makes a big difference. As I bought the hardtop model, there was little cabin noise too. Seats are nice and hold you in place. Overall the cabin is nice and snug and I keep finding secret compartments!

Looks: Well what can I say, I love the way it looks and the stance. The hardtop was the only model for me. The HID's are ideal too and give the car a GT look.

I managed to get 31.7MPG over the course of the 410 miles which I am more than happy with, I estimate around 26-30 on daily driving.

I am chuffed with the car itself, came with the hardtop and FULL Honda history. All recalls carried out too. I haven't enjoyed driving a car this much since owning my first car!

Can't wait for the summer now

In terms of future plans, going to get a full geometery setup asap. The car seems to have lighter steering to the right than to the left so not sure what that is. Other than that, maybe look at putting the standard air filter back on. No other plans.

Sorry for going on a bit, the excitement got the better of me

Pics to follow at the weekend...
Old 02-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Banned

Glad your pleased!

Might be something as simple as tyre pressures as to why the steering feels light
Old 02-02-2011, 07:40 AM

your trip home sounds like my trip back when i bought the S...well your feelings anyhow, my trip was not as long and my fuel economy was horrendous.

Little niggles sound like easy fixes, have fun and here's to the summer coming soon....then the fun really starts!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crispyshark,Feb 2 2011, 05:40 PM
your trip home sounds like my trip back when i bought the S...well your feelings anyhow, my trip was not as long and my fuel economy was horrendous.

Little niggles sound like easy fixes, have fun and here's to the summer coming soon....then the fun really starts!

totally.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Enjoy it on those lovely Scottish roads sha
Old 02-02-2011, 11:34 AM

Glad u like it-im fairly new to the S2000 myself 22 dec 10 I got mine, really love it but sick of trying to hold it in the right direction on bumpy, dirty (darn tractors) pot holed, icy Norfolk roads- Roll on spring and dry roads! Enjoy!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:56 AM

Received 245 Likes on 211 Posts

Lots of roads up here for you to enjoy, I'm on the other side of the country but luckily nowhere is really to far, enjoy and welcome.

PICS!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:44 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 02-03-2011, 02:50 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by sha786,Feb 2 2011, 07:53 AM
The car seems to have lighter steering to the right than to the left so not sure what that is.
Tyre pressure or the geo may cure that. Or the EPS needs resetting, as the S has electrical power steering it can lose it's center position, a serch of the American posts will get you the procedure to reset it to even torque both sides.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:11 AM

Good luck with the car sha786: With a name like that you will for ever be blessed:-)

Quick Reply: Finally got it.