UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Finally got an S!

Old 03-26-2008, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Finally got an S!

Where do I start!!! Ive been a fan of the S2000 for over 3 years and I never EVER thought I would be able to own one. To cut a long story short I got a promotion about 6 months ago and I was determined to get one. Last week Thursday I managed to find the exact colours I was after and reg (55 Plate, Moonrock/Full Red) so after a quick test drive I was totally sold. About 5 hours ago I picked up my S, Ive come from a 1.4 Peugeot 306..... which was my first car so you can imagine the jump I made earlier. I was quite concerned about the weather today as I have had no rear-wheel experience and Ive heard the storys about the S in the wet. Turns out it was gonna rain so I was a bit scared on the way up. I got the car from a Honda Dealership (was given a years warranty) which was 60 miles away easily and involved a fair bit of motorway driving. So you can guess that my pants were brown. I had spent most of yesterday going over the thread about driving the S in winter and heavy rain so I was as ready as I was ever gonna be. I arrived and the Honda garage with a friend who gave me a lift. We spotted my S within seconds and oh boy was it looking good!!! Once all the paperwork was done I couldnt wait to leave! Ive set off and I needed to get some petrol as they filled it up to a quarter tank, so the only one I spotted in the area was a Tesco and I knew they sold 99Ron fuel so I thought why not give it a shot before I try out Optimax. When I pulled up I thanked the lords that the dealer showed me how to open the petrol cap because I dont know how long I would have been there before I found that!!! Well anyway fast forward a bit and im on the motorway and its started raining..... BAD. I just took things easy and tried to keep everything smooth and I was very suprised that I didnt feel the car loosing grip of anything it felt pretty solid to me. I must have driven the longest way home possible, every normal turn home turned into "hmmmm I'll go this way instead" I even went in circles at one point. I decided that I wanted to get a feel of the S properly in the wet and tackle some roundabouts and stuff and im amazed at how well it held. I managed to put just about over 100 miles on the clock this afternoon and this car has seriously made me fall in love with driving again. I cant wait to have the roof down! Oh yea by the way I went into Vtec once and I didnt even redline it and it blew me away. Im not gonna push it today, Ill save more Vtec for tomorrow.

Sorry about the long story here guys, this day has been amazing for me and Im so glad to own such an all round incredible car....

Edit: I would love to take pictures right now but its been raining all afternoon. Ill get some up tomorrow!!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:31 AM

Buzzin!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:33 AM

Enjoy!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:43 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

It's fine when the tyres are warm and you're concentrating! It's when you're not, they tend to bite.

Build yourself up slowly & enjoy!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:43 AM

paragraphs please!

I guess with your excitement you couldn't wait to write that little lot up

Well done and congratulations on your new car
Old 03-26-2008, 10:52 AM
eho

Hello and welcome.

Just dont Vtec in the corners and you will be fine

For me i find it hard to drive @ 30mph around town. I had to lightly tap the gas pedal to go slow...
Old 03-26-2008, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut,Mar 26 2008, 10:43 AM
paragraphs please!

I guess with your excitement you couldn't wait to write that little lot up

Well done and congratulations on your new car
lol part of me thought I should, but your right the excitement got the better of me.

Im so sorry and thankyou!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by eho,Mar 26 2008, 10:52 AM
Hello and welcome.

Just dont Vtec in the corners and you will be fine

For me i find it hard to drive @ 30mph around town. I had to lightly tap the gas pedal to go slow...
I know exactly what you mean, I was thinking to myself earlier its toooo easy to speed.

By the way the gearbox is quite something! Very impressed.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:30 AM
PJD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations mate!

I'm a newbie too, - picked mine up a couple of weeks ago, and had to drive about 250 miles home in the rain drove it with respect, didn't experience any moments at all

Enjoy
Old 03-26-2008, 11:36 AM

Wait till you Vtec it on a nice sunny day with the top down and the air box cover off. It still gives me a buzz after two years !

Quick Reply: Finally got an S!