UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Fitting the roof cover - with roof tube

Old 09-10-2001, 11:39 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bmarshall

Thanks for responding Muz. I'm not trying to damage you're products or reputation here, but my cover really won't fit with the tube in. I can also see about ..
Hey no problem at all Perhaps try untucking the outer cover and trimming the tube down a bit. I make sure mine is about the length of my roof well mat but it could probably be shorter... as long as it covers the width of the window. Don't go too short though.

Oh... and make sure your Roof Well Mat is not sitting over the indentations that the rook mechanism folds down into.
Old 09-10-2001, 11:44 PM

Muz - my roof mat covers the indentations...... Have I buggered that install up too
Old 09-10-2001, 11:53 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by awinskill
Muz - my roof mat covers the indentations...... Have I buggered that install up too
The Roof Mat must sit in between the indentations. It will fit perfectly between the inner edge of the indentations. The roof mechanism folds partially into them when fully lowered.

The Velcro tabs are to ensure it does not move and obstruct the indentations.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Muz

Hey no problem at all Perhaps try untucking the outer cover and trimming the tube down a bit. I make sure mine is about the length of my roof well mat but it could probably be shorter... as long as it covers the width of the window. Don't go too short though.

Oh... and make sure your Roof Well Mat is not sitting over the indentations that the rook mechanism folds down into.
Err? My roof mat's too big to fit between the indentations. It just goes to the edge of each raised bit so it's perhaps 2 inches too wide.

I can take the mat out and try, but the mat doesn't appear to interfere at all.

The roof tube is pretty long and could probably lose an inch or so, but that kind of defeats why I paid for one, rather than making one. I don't have sewing equipment so I can't tidy up afterwards...

-Brian.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:05 AM

Thought I was going mad for a moment......

Andy "give me a spanner" Winskill
Old 09-15-2001, 02:54 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by bmarshall

Err? My roof mat's too big to fit between the indentations. It just goes to the edge of each raised bit so it's perhaps 2 inches too wide.

I can take the mat out and try, but the mat doesn't appear to interfere at all.

The roof tube is pretty long and could probably lose an inch or so, but that kind of defeats why I paid for one, rather than making one. I don't have sewing equipment so I can't tidy up afterwards...

-Brian.
Re: the Roof Well Mat

An 'indentation' is a recess _not_ a raised area. The mat is the correct length.

Re: the Window Tube

You can untuck the outer covering from one end of the tube, trim the tube and tuck the covering back in. They were designed like this intentionally and no skill is required to do it.
Old 09-15-2001, 03:06 PM

Originally posted by Muz

An 'indentation' is a recess _not_ a raised area. The mat is the correct length.

Ah cleared that one up

The raised areas seemed to be the obvious "shutline" for the mats. I'll double check in the morning.

Thanks for the clarification!
Old 09-16-2001, 02:07 AM

Originally posted by Muz

Re: the Roof Well Mat

Re: the Window Tube

You can untuck the outer covering from one end of the tube, trim the tube and tuck the covering back in. They were designed like this intentionally and no skill is required to do it.
Thanks Muz. I'll try chop the tube down a little.

The mat thing seems to be a little confusion with the instructions. My instructions were clear on it in the indentation between the little raised bits. The mat actually sits on top of the 2 raised pieces. If the mat is supposed to fully fit in the indentation it is too long.

To clear this up fully have you got a photo of how your own mat sits in the well at the sides? I think that would be a lot clearer than interpretations of text which seems to be causing a little confusion.

-Brian.
Old 09-16-2001, 02:29 AM

My mat sits on top of the two raised pieces also.
Seems to work fine and I have no problem with it at all.
Old 09-16-2001, 10:33 AM

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
My mat sits on top of the two raised pieces also.
Seems to work fine and I have no problem with it at all.
I've not had problems with the mat - it just seems like a poor description.

My problem is:

mat+tube+cover == doesn't fit.
mat+cover == fits perfectly.

I've measure the roof as per TSB-38, and it's within spec. I still have to shorten the roof tube and try that.

-Brian.