S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Fuel Pump (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/fuel-pump-27839/)

awinskill 09-10-2001 10:14 PM

Fuel Pump

Sorry for starting another strange noise thread..... ;)

After I pull up and turn the engine off I can hear what sounds to be the fuel pump turning on for about 1 second waiting about 5 and then cycling again...... Gets a bit like Chinese Water Torture...

Is this normal or am I turning into a real anal muppet? ;)

After taking Brian's advice I don't really want to talk to my dealer again. :rolleyes:

Turtle 09-10-2001 10:30 PM

Originally posted by awinskill
Sorry for starting another strange noise thread..... ;)

After I pull up and turn the engine off I can hear what sounds to be the fuel pump turning on for about 1 second waiting about 5 and then cycling again...... Gets a bit like Chinese Water Torture...

Is this normal or am I turning into a real anal muppet? ;)

After taking Brian's advice I don't really want to talk to my dealer again. :rolleyes:

- Have you tried listening with the bonnet open to isolate where the noise comes from?

- Yes, you are turning into anal muppet. :p You should be used to all sorts of weasy noises owning an Impreza! :p

- Put you're bobble hat on, then the dealer you show you proper respect ;)

I didn't notice anything particular when I pulled in this morning. Though I did raise the roof when I stopped.

-Brian.

Tifosi Red 09-10-2001 10:31 PM

If the engine is off I don't think it will be the fuel pump, maybe the evaporation canister sucking out crankcase fumes?

AnDy_PaNdY 09-10-2001 10:33 PM

Could be your anorak and sandwiches moving around in the boot:eek: ;) :p

awinskill 09-10-2001 10:39 PM

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
Could be your anorak and sandwiches moving around in the boot:eek: ;) :p
My first thoughts were that it was my notebook. In horror I found I'd lost a whole days trains.... ;)

Snadwiches were in my belly so no worries there... :D

steve_the_greek 09-10-2001 11:45 PM

I heard that noise once - after a quick drive back from Devon at night. I gave up trying to trace it, but it wasn't from under the bonnet, more the middle of the car on the passenger side. Anyone know what's hidden under there ? Another secret compart
ment ?

Steve

awinskill 09-10-2001 11:48 PM

Originally posted by steve_the_greek
I heard that noise once - after a quick drive back from Devon at night. I gave up trying to trace it, but it wasn't from under the bonnet, more the middle of the car on the passenger side. Anyone know what's hidden under there ? Another secret compart
ment ?

Steve

Err... Your passenger? ;) :)

UKjasonm 09-11-2001 12:35 AM

Andy,

miine does the same, when I put it in the garage you can hear a whirling noise, then it stops and then off it goes again along with all the popping from the CAT. I often wandered what it was but it never overly concerned me I just thought it would be something cooling down.

BTW, anyone else noticed just how long our engine stays hot, I can leave my car in the garage for two hours go in there and its warm as toast, if I then restart it, I've still usually got 2 or 3 bars on the temp gauge.

Good jobs its garaged or all the neighbours cats would be camping out on it during the winter:(

ianl 09-11-2001 12:41 AM

At the risk of being admitted to the anal anorak club (AAC? - sound like an African political organisation), there was thread on this a few months ago, and a few theories about what causes it (my car 'moans' every minute or so when at rest! :confused: )

Go here if you must:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...hlight=fog+horn

Ian

Muz 09-11-2001 01:56 AM

I don't know about turning off but if you listen very carefully when turning the key (before starting the car) you will hear the short whirring sound of a pump, presumably fuel. Perhaps it's the same noise?