UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Removing rear number plate?

Old 05-15-2018, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Removing rear number plate?

Hi guys,

Hope you're all well

I have removed the two philip's screws in the number plate but still unable to remove the plate out of the number plate holder.

Am I missing a trick here?

I will remove the holder too but understand it may be a bumper off job after reading a few threads on here.

Ant help would be appreciated

Regards
Old 05-15-2018, 11:47 AM

Received 243 Likes on 209 Posts

Has it double sided tape or something like "tiger seal" attaching it too?
Old 05-15-2018, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by martin j
Has it double sided tape or something like "tiger seal" attaching it too?
Evening Martin,

I can move the plate behind the holder a few cm's left and right, however have no idea where the plate is meant to be pulled from to exit the holder?
Old 05-15-2018, 11:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaJB
Hi guys,

Hope you're all well

I have removed the two philip's screws in the number plate but still unable to remove the plate out of the number plate holder.

Am I missing a trick here?

I will remove the holder too but understand it may be a bumper off job after reading a few threads on here.

Ant help would be appreciated

Regards
Are you trying to remove just the number plate or the suround? If it is just the number plate mine was attached with double sided sticky tape and it's just requires gentle pulling the plate away. If you want to remove the suround it requires the bumper removing which is quite easy.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Santenay
Are you trying to remove just the number plate or the suround? If it is just the number plate mine was attached with double sided sticky tape and it's just requires gentle pulling the plate away. If you want to remove the suround it requires the bumper removing which is quite easy.
Thank you for the reply,

hmm...my surround covers over the plate? Its as if the plate is within a picture frame which needs opening up to pry try plate out?
Old 05-16-2018, 12:16 PM

Pictures?
Old 05-16-2018, 09:39 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Yes this doesn't sound standard so pictures please.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:57 PM

Morning,

please see attached, hope its clear. I have removed the two screws which wouls traditionally hold the late in, but it seems to be a holder of some sort? I actually thought this was standard issue but perhaps not

Sorry for the size of the pic
Old 05-17-2018, 09:46 AM

It definitely looks like an aftermarket/stealers fitment, it may be glued in if you can’t remove the plate from the outside, advertising crap. Could you get some vinyl line ( fishing line?) down the back and work it from one end to other to remove it, don’t remember if it is possible to get your hand behind the panel to feel for retaining screws though, sorry can’t be more positive help.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you run your finger along the inner edge of the plate holder (along the bottom above the Honda logo), there should be two or maybe three small indents where you should be able to use a small flathead screwdriver to pry open the bracket.

​​​​​​You should be able to unclip the bottom and it will flip up to allow you to take your plate off. Had one of these holders on my old Civic, gave a nice clean finish.

HTH

Quick Reply: Removing rear number plate?