UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The Garage Blog

Old 04-10-2017, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah was meant to pop over on Sat but weather was too nice so just kept riding!
Old 04-22-2017, 11:01 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Busy day getting ready for racing again tomorrow. Lots of prep work going on. Manged to change all the oils, put a set of borrowed tyres on (cheers Ray) and set the toe. Ric finally finished his wrap too. Looking forward to stretching the legs and having a pedal tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Has Ray disappeared off the book of faces?
Old 04-24-2017, 12:43 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
Has Ray disappeared off the book of faces?
Yes,
Old 04-25-2017, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
Yes,
I was trying to recommend you to someone up north
Has the garage got a FB page?
Old 04-29-2017, 04:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not much going on at the garage today, Ray had a nice looking yellow JDM in for a brake check service

I had my charger belt and pulleys upgraded to the bigger 30mm setup with the help of Ron and a new lad (i forget his name sorry but he went to his first NW meet thursday and had a good time from what i hear, sorry i missed it).

Before:-

After:-

and Ricardo finished off his white wrap (pictures of that can be seen in the sprinting and hillclimbing thread at curborough ) and once everything was complete we just had a chat before each parting our separate ways. All in all a good (albeit quiet) productive day, cheers fellas.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caboose
Not much going on at the garage today, Ray had a nice looking yellow JDM in for a brake check service

Nice to meet you, Ray, Ron, Ricardo and Arron (I think) yesterday. Great to experience Ray's work on my car too, definitely a worthwhile trip for me all the way from Nottingham. Got the front brake calipers rebuild and all discs and pads replaced.

Almost had to leave my car at the garage because the caliper piston housing had gone out of shape. In Ray's word, he has not experienced any piston seized so badly. Luckily, he has a used (correct side) piston housing lying around in his store and the caliper rebuild can be completed.

One happy customer here and unique place to meet other s2k owners.

Cheers,

Shawn
Old 05-07-2017, 01:48 AM

another quiet (ish) day at the garage yesterday, i had a few worries checked out by Ray so now i just have to wait for things to arrive, Lee arrived a bit later than usual because he was sat on McDonalds car park for 15 minutes whilst they forgot about him and also because for some reason they struggle to cook breakfasts at breakfast time.

Alex came in sounding like a tank after hitting something on the road (on his way back from church) resulting in him loosing an exhaust bolt, Ricardo and Ray both washed their cars (one was in desperate need of a clean after his day of drifting)

A newbie from North Wales popped along for Rays expert knowledge and his first experience was to meet jon, thats always an experience.

To finish the day off Ricardo changed his rocker cover for a newly refurbished one and when tightening it all back on snapped the head off one of the bolts (none of us got any pictures of this as we were all i bit shocked at the magic Ray performed to remove the broken piece of thread) all i saw was what looked like a centre punch and a hammer but it worked
Old 05-07-2017, 03:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That newbie was moi. Had a great afternoon up at Ray's and chuffed that most of the alignment bits were free. Was definitely an experience meeting Jon haha.

once the Ohlins and other bits have arrived I'll be back up at Ray's to get it all fitted and set up, hopefully more of you guys soon
Old 05-07-2017, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by djchocice
That newbie was moi. Had a great afternoon up at Ray's and chuffed that most of the alignment bits were free. Was definitely an experience meeting Jon haha.

once the Ohlins and other bits have arrived I'll be back up at Ray's to get it all fitted and set up, hopefully more of you guys soon
Hello again, i was going to put Steve then i thought maybe Stuart so i played it safe. See you again.