UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The Garage Blog

Old 02-22-2014, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah top day again fellas, can't believe how soft the suspension was in Andy's after the BC's were installed! Really impressed!

Also impressed with the new q300, what a noise!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:22 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Great day thanks to

Alex
Rhauri
Scotland
Ryan
Tom
and Matt all for helping on Andy's car

Good to see you Tom and Matt and thanks for the sh!t su
Old 02-22-2014, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My ears are still ringing from Rhauri's q300, wonder how long that decat will last
Old 02-22-2014, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Scottland
My ears are still ringing from Rhauri's q300, wonder how long that decat will last

I'll bet he'll be after some bungs before long and Tom will be sticking his back in,

But come on lads who's car sounded the best,
Old 02-22-2014, 11:30 AM

So, as the guys have alluded to, today was my turn back down to The Garage(TM) after staying away for fear of making others ill (much to my ribbing today!!)

Today's episode saw me replacing my OEM pads and BI discs with EBC YellowStuff and Turbo Groove discs, ready for the trackday season. Alongside this, we popped on some brand new BC Racing coilovers, closely followed by a full GEO.

Bloody hell, the car is low now!! That'll need adjusting in the next few days!

Now the car drives really well - no more crashing over potholes and speed bumps, as per my 78k mile old shocks and a really pin sharp steering. Needless to say, I'm really happy with the results - I now need to do a bit of research to find out the best damper settings for my needs.

Many thanks to everyone that helped today - to the gaffer Ray for, well, being the gaffer and making sure we all didn't c0ck everything up, and for providing the muscle to do some of the harder work that us 'desk jockeys' seem to struggle with. To Rhauri, Alex, Tom, Scott, Matt and Ryan to helping out with the installation of the brakes and coilies and for sourcing some truly awesome bacon buttys. Again, I can't thank you all enough for helping me out.

I didn't take any pics, but I'm sure I saw ray prowling around occasionally with a camera...

Oh yeah, we had the 'pleasure' of having two Invidia's within about 10 feet of each other. Jesus, the noise, haha!!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
Originally Posted by Scottland' timestamp='1393100597' post='23028792

I'll bet he'll be after some bungs before long and Tom will be sticking his back in,

But come on lads who's car sounded the best,
Can't say much for Tom's, but the motorway run home was bl00dy loud!!!! Especially as we came to each motorway bridge - that thing sounded like a bloody F1 car!!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:35 AM

everyone helping out

Black and gold,,wasn't there a song about these

how low can you go

Then the boarder jumpers turned up

Old 02-22-2014, 11:40 AM

Cherokee obviously sounded best, so I've decided to get a proper car
Old 02-22-2014, 11:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome day lads, love the banter and political debates!

These cars with smaller arch gaps look great, very envious!

Glad to help out where I could on Andy's car. Thanks again Ray for letting me use your ramps and *borrowing* your consumables and thanks to Tom for the helping hand - we'll have to do a zorst off, get to the pub meet on Wednesday!!

Hope you enjoyed the trip home behind me too Andy! How did it compare to the drive down pre-test pipe?

Love the noise of this Q300 and decat, took a detour home and hit the B Roads, utterly tremendous - heal & toe has never sounded so sweet!

The volume, however, I have to say is frankly obscene! That said, at cruising speeds, it's pretty tame compared to full chat.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Scottland
Cherokee obviously sounded best, so I've decided to get a proper car
now your talking,,,, and you are correct the Cherokee did sound the best