UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The Garage Blog

Old 02-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unlucky for Ryan

On a positive note, mine feels really good now, much more positive feedback & less free play through the steering

Edit - Mike, I have no idea on price for polybushing and having the Geobolts done. My Mugen bits were approx £150 from Si @ Hendy's

Oh yeah, Ron forget to mention that the vibrating / resonating I was getting was that rear brake disc protector - it's now gone
Old 02-01-2014, 11:11 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

You were so lucky Martin, the front camber pins and all the rear were so rusty it wouldn't have being too long before they were seized,
Old 02-01-2014, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nearly all of my bolts are seized after the seller putting it through a geo last week (yea right).

He's agreed to a bit of compensation so I need some Mugen part numbers now and book a slot with the good man Raydave.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Ryan9
Nearly all of my bolts are seized after the seller putting it through a geo last week (yea right).

He's agreed to a bit of compensation so I need some Mugen part numbers now and book a slot with the good man Raydave.
At least you know what the issue is which is a bonus in itself although an expensive one and better than knowing the chassis is bent

Will the compo cover the cost of new bushes & bolts?
Old 02-01-2014, 11:51 AM

Good to see you back in an S2000 Ryan
Old 02-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
You were so lucky Martin, the front camber pins and all the rear were so rusty it wouldn't have being too long before they were seized,
I know mate, about time I had some luck on my side - thanks again for sorting me out

Did anyone get any pictures of Ryan's new super sexy S?

Old 02-01-2014, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by blue monster
Originally Posted by Ryan9' timestamp='1391285816' post='22994323

At least you know what the issue is which is a bonus in itself although an expensive one and better than knowing the chassis is bent

Well I hope that solves the problem.

The compensation will probably cover a good portion of the cost of parts.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by blue monster' timestamp='1391286265' post='22994328
[quote name='Ryan9' timestamp='1391285816' post='22994323']

Well I hope that solves the problem.

The compensation will probably cover a good portion of the cost of parts.
[/quote]

You need to start soaking the pins in penetrating oil every few days then we'll see how many we can free up,
Old 02-01-2014, 01:46 PM

Yeah good productive day today ... it only took 4 of us to fit my new side light leds

Ryan, I had gone before you deduced that your bushes were seized etc sorry to hear that, but that would explain the crabbing and the worn rear tyre, however it's good that the seller has agreed to sort you out with some financial assistance, the car will be transformed once Ray does his magic, in the mean time be very careful driving it about

Will be good to have the car in good shape especially for the Chomondley Pageant of Power day in the early summer that should be a cracking day out, we should aim to get a lot of NW folk down there make it a big deal.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:48 PM

Busy weeks coming up then!