UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The Garage Blog

Old 02-04-2014, 04:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't stop us mate, we had one in December a couple of years back!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BBQ at this time of the year??? Great I'm taking wine then!!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never said ASAP! Haha though a couple of layers and good food would solve the cold problem!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by earl's_f20c
Originally Posted by Scottland' timestamp='1391423527' post='22996096
Those bolts look a bit like mine when Ray managed to hammer them out, the previous owner of mine had sorted most of the bushes out and replaced them with poly - only to not bother greasing any of the bolts

Shame I couldn't get down this weekend, would have like to watch/help/make tea - need to get round to doing mine at some point too. Got the bushes already, but thinking of going coilovers at the same time.
Scott did you mean watch me making tea, then help me making tea, then actually make it yourself?

If so you're in luck as that is part of the garages new Tea Workers Apprenticeship Training Scheme.

I myself am a certified TWAT (Tea Workers Assistant Trainer) and will be able to provide training should you wish, we'll get you enrolled next time you're down and you'll be a TWAT like me in no time

I need to learn from the best
Old 02-04-2014, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Scottland
Originally Posted by earl's_f20c' timestamp='1391508306' post='22997860
[quote name='Scottland' timestamp='1391423527' post='22996096']
Those bolts look a bit like mine when Ray managed to hammer them out, the previous owner of mine had sorted most of the bushes out and replaced them with poly - only to not bother greasing any of the bolts

Shame I couldn't get down this weekend, would have like to watch/help/make tea - need to get round to doing mine at some point too. Got the bushes already, but thinking of going coilovers at the same time.
Scott did you mean watch me making tea, then help me making tea, then actually make it yourself?

If so you're in luck as that is part of the garages new Tea Workers Apprenticeship Training Scheme.

I myself am a certified TWAT (Tea Workers Assistant Trainer) and will be able to provide training should you wish, we'll get you enrolled next time you're down and you'll be a TWAT like me in no time

I need to learn from the best
[/quote]

HTH
Old 02-08-2014, 09:09 AM

A good day today at 'The Garage'!

In less than 6 hours (including lunch) we turned around a full suspension setup on Lee's S2000.

So that is every single seized bush (Camber, caster, rear toe), ARB Drop links, removal of OEM dampers, fitting of new bushes and pins, cleaned old pins/bolts, greased everything using dedicated water resistant marine grease, set height adjustment for BC Coilovers and refitted everything whilst finishing off with a full geometry.

I reckon we'll be able to knock an hour off that time next week

Lee took some photos so I'm sure he'll post them soon!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah was another great day, Lee's car looks fantastic with the new ride height. Will upload my pictures in a bit.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:19 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus

In less than 6 hours (including lunch) we turned around a full suspension setup on Lee's S2000.

So that is every single seized bush (Camber, caster, rear toe), ARB Drop links, removal of OEM dampers, fitting of new bushes and pins, cleaned old pins/bolts, greased everything using dedicated water resistant marine grease, set height adjustment for BC Coilovers and refitted everything whilst finishing off with a full geometry.

You can sod off knocking time off I'm getting too old for this job,,it'll take how long it takes
Old 02-08-2014, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus

HUGE THANKS to Ray, Ron, Mike (aka Dr.Spoonfingers), Alex & Ryan9 for all your help today, I cant believe how much work was involved in doing bushes & suspension, couldn't have done any of it without you.

The car feels tremendous, like it just goes where I want it without even thinking, really compliant over pot holes too.
Some pics of men doing mens work...grrrr!

All out ready for some Fire!

From the bible, its a holey burning bush...
Old 02-08-2014, 10:22 AM

GEO READINGS

How low? Not too low