S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Geo setup near Bristol (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/geo-setup-near-bristol-1077978/)

tomsimes 03-27-2014 03:58 PM

Geo setup near Bristol

I've had a small search, but not come up with any recent results...

One that did appear was Powerstation in Tewkesbury - does anybody have recent experience with these guys? What about their work with possible seized bolts? I've got spare bolts, but concerned that if I need new bushes (compliance especially) then they won't have them in stock?

I'm also not averse to going further afield, but I do need the job completing within the day. What are people's thoughts with regards to visiting TGM in Fleet or Area Motorsport in Stafford instead?

All opinions and experience will be gratefully received - I'm looking to get booked in next Wednesday if at all possible.

Cheers! :tipwink:

ian_6301 03-27-2014 05:31 PM

If your car is stock and you either want the factory settings or you know the recipe that you need, protyre in Bristol are actually pretty good.

TGM are great and understand all the ins and outs of the S2000 though.

Doyal 03-27-2014 06:41 PM

Lee @ fcmmotorsport is good. 07940658321 (Just off feeder rd) Obviously not a mirical worker if you do have seized bushes but has done lots of S2000's (2 in the carpark when I went) including all the hardwork with replacing bushes.

Had mine done not too long back after changing steering rack. He offered factory alignment, a fast road setup, or specify your own settings, Talked me through the options in detail.

But as per Ian, protyre have a good rep.

:tipwink:

chrispayze 03-27-2014 11:29 PM

Powerstation is decent. I've been there a few times and won't go elsewhere now. They've got a chap who's name escapes me (begins with J). He's happy to chat through the whole process and discuss settings etc. I live up the road from Protyre and have had mixed experiences. Some guys are good, some rubbish so it's a bit pot luck. That said, the last chap I had there (for some work on the Mundano) was excellent.

Doyal, is FCM near Netham lock? If so, it's the one just round the back of where I live. I've chatted to them but never had any work done. Seem like they know their stuff though.

Doyal 03-28-2014 03:23 AM

Chris,

Yes just up the road (over the lock, then first left as you go up the hill)

:tipwink:

NRB123 03-28-2014 01:06 PM

Bought my S back in November and shortly afterwards discovered that all bushes were seized so had a full bush replacement done by Protyre just before Christmas using Powerflex bushes. Decent job done but had car for a week. Suggest you talk with the manager (Andy Tidball) to agree prices / timescales in advance.

adz9 03-30-2014 07:27 AM

Performance Autoworks?