UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Good Day bad day

Old 08-15-2001, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Day bad day

Today I was lying in bed and looking out the window past the trees and into the sky. All I could see was beautiful sunshine.

So I listened to the TV weather girl and decided that I would gamble on taking my blue into work fully sorted (Roof down, toneau on).

So off I went and I had a glorious drive in. Someone even gave me reason to embarass them (more later).

I park up and go into the office. About 3 O'clock someone shouts across to me that it is raining.

I dash out and the rain has stopped but all the cars around me are soaked.

I get to my blue and it is wet but not soaked. I grab the soft towell that is acting as a temporary muz mat and dry everything off. I put the roof up and blast the heater on full.

Not such a good day.

This morning I had the aircon on Full with the roof down to keep me cool! So there I am driving into London on the M4. I see another blue coming out of ton but was too late to react with a wave.

Behind me rushes up an Alfa (A tin top) and behind it an SLK 230. Both are trynig to push me off the road. The Alfa was virtually in my boot at 85.

A gap opened in the middle lane and I dropped into it and (slyly) into 4th.

As the Alfa came alongside me I gave him a look of incredulity (This may have been missed by him) and accelerated with him. He struggled to about 95 and then I pushed to the floor and he sped backwards.

Then I slowed down and he came alongside me again. I did it again and he pulled in behind me and fell sensibly back. The SLK came on though and when he came alongside me (Windows up and arm over the door[grasping his wheel hard]). I heard what I thought was his kickdown and he accelerated. I accelerated too and overtook a car in-front of me by pulling in-front of the SLK. This was no problem as he was going backwards so fast. He too backed off.

I know I am childish, irresponsible (Although I was under control bar mechanical failure) but it was the most ego stroking fun I have had in the new blue. I also realise that these cars were easy pickings BUT so should these drivers have known this too.

Anyway, as I said good day bad day.

Now for the drive home (Sub 100 for sure).

Sam.
Old 08-15-2001, 10:32 AM

cool... yep, they really should know better.

I had a similar experience this morning with a someone in an Astra GTE... should have known better than try to overtake as Im cruising.... i mean come on.... an astra GTE! jeez

I spy him coming up behind me.. he starts to indicate.
sly drop into 3rd (going 65).. then as hes along the side me (we are on a country lane) I blasted the power and he was dust !
Nice morning for a blast I thought... like most mornings
Old 08-15-2001, 10:45 AM

I must admit, I love to drop a gear and shoot off when somebody in a rep mobile tries to overtake.
Old 08-15-2001, 11:06 PM

Good job it was only an Astra GTE and not an Astramax van (white of course)
Old 08-16-2001, 02:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hooligans!!!

Strange... but Alfa drivers are definitely top of the list of no-hopers who always seem to wanna play
Old 08-16-2001, 03:48 AM

Had a blast with a Maxda RX-7 (import) yesterday (you've never seen a rear spoiler so big, it was higher than the roof). I didn't really know what to expect as he had this almighty exhaust on it.

He was just in fron't of me on the M56 and I knew as soon as the car in front of him moved over that he would nail it, I dropped into 3rd to ensure I was around the zone and off we wen't from 70 upto about 110 when we encountered some more traffic. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself gradually pulling on him all the way.

Don't know what those things put out but the S can handle itself against these
Old 08-20-2001, 02:53 PM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

I seem to get much hassle from Citroen Saxos

Get out and milk it!

Up the A41, a guy in a Renault Legume tried to race me off the lights

Funny how Boxster drivers just move over.